Ruxtell Axel, Conversion to small drum.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ruxtell Axel, Conversion to small drum.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Harris on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

I have a 25 Touring and wish to install a Ruxtell that has large drums. Is it possible to change the Ruxtell to small drums or could I convert my 25 axel to a Ruxtell using parts from the wide drum Ruxtell? I also plan to install original small drum Rocky Mountain brakes. Email: gutsyjohn@yahoo.com. Phone 207 644 1782

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Hey John you will need different housings for the small drum all the insides will work tho

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

You can reuse your right side housing as is. You can drill out the rivets and swap backing plate on the left side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

The most popular solution is to trade with someone wanting a large drum...they are more valuable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Me I would just use the 26/27 big drum setup. Swap out the brake drums on your wood wheels, change the parking brake rods and if need be get a set of shoes. You will end up with better brakes and only a few will know what's up. :-) If by small drum RM's you mean, the ones with the large drum that goes on between the small drum and hub, you might even be able to swap with someone that needs them and has a set of 26/27 they are not using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

John: Sent you a email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Are you sure you know what you wish to do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 12:18 am:

There is a lot more to just knocking out the rivets and swapping the end. While a few have the tools to do this job, most do not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration