NH Carb choke Spring fitting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NH Carb choke Spring fitting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Hi everyone, a quick question. How is the choke return Spring fitted. Have had a quick look but can't really work it out. It's on a centre drain NH.

Thanks in advance, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

The hook loops around the post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Thanks Richard, so the spring goes inside and then protrudes through the hole and get bent over to lock it in place?

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

No law says you have to bend over the end of the spring. However, you are legally required to have the shaft out of the carb to install it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Thanks for that Steve, I had guessed that much. I will have to have a look but I think my choke is different.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 12:24 am:

Someone may have brazed over the hole in the arm. Kingston's and NH's all mount about the same as Richard and Steve's photo shows.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration