U & J CARB

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: U & J CARB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Can anyone share their experience with this carb?
how is the performance ?
Thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Awesome. I love the way it can idle down to where you can count the fan blades. Easy starting. Far more power than anything that can attach to a stock T manifold.

I don't run the heat stove, just installed it for the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

Thanks Royce! Now, how did you run throttle linkage?
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

Best performance T carb that is fairly readily available. Biggest problem is that nearly every one of the brass bowls is cracked. No other bowl that I have tried fits without modification. No other needle and seat fits either. They are worth the effort tho, as Royce says, they run great. Economy is probably not as good as some other but who cares, gas is under two bucks.

The throttle rod has a bend in it to reach the lever arm.

I have what may be the last new old stock one in existence and Mike Lebsack and I reproduced the choke system that I had never seen before. They are a pain to finish but sure look good when they are polished.

http://www.strombergof.com/More_Recent_Rebuilds.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Stan - I would think that it might be kinda' hard to find a manifold for the U&J, no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

I buy every manifold I can find!! I have half a dozen carbs in various states of complete but am about out of manifolds. There are actually a few NOS carbs around because the bowls cracked so bad. My guess is that the dealer took the bowl off a new one to give to an unhappy customer and never got around to getting a new one. I machine the body and the bowl both to get a Holley G bowl to fit. The bottom stud is a bastard size as is the fitting for the mixture adjustment. The bowl nuts are made out of unobtainium. They look like they are 1 inch but they are not.

Great carbs but kind of a pain to work on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration