Wide track front axle.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wide track front axle.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Anderson on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Does anybody out there in T land have any idea what a wide track front axle might be worth? I could not find any history on a value anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:50 am:

Rare parts that few need - usually they're impossible to find at any price when you need them, and when you have one extra, nobody needs it.. - so prices may vary :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I think there's somebody advertising for one right now in the classifieds. Lang's catalog lists the standard width used axles at $85.00 each. I'd say about $100.00. I wouldn't hold a buyer up for a higher price for an axle; an open valve block, maybe, but an axle no.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Now if you had a wide track front AND rear axle, that might be more valuable, I suspect front axles are more readily available then rears--but that is an assumption, and note that I did NOT use the word, "rare."
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

A wide-track rear axle can be made from a standard one. Axle shafts are available, all you need to do is replace or extend the tubes. It would take some effort, but it can be done.

At $100, I'd buy one just to have it. WT axles on a speedster would be kind of cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

PM sent

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration