Old Photo - When ART was Alive - Model T Era Theater Street Front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - When ART was Alive - Model T Era Theater Street Front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Makes today's Theater's look drab and sterile!

Betcha any one of those large posters would buy you an awesome Model T these days and then some!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 10:03 am:

That was the first film about Zorro, in 1920.
The DVD cover might show the same poster?

z

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Those posters, bills and banners would bring a pretty penny today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

More than a pretty penny!!
Here's Oroville's State Theatre box office dolled up for the film "California." While we still have the theatre, the box office was taken out in a 1960s "modernizing"--we also lost the wonderful flag sign and the surrounding marquee. Someday a recreation will replace them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

The fellow standing at the door dressed as Zorro would be arrested today because he has a sword without a permit!

Another great picture Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Get your very own restored version, in early Technicolor, with the original music score done by a fellow forum member Rick Benjamin and his Paragon Ragtime Orchestra

http://paragonragtime.com/store/dvds/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

We have a great theatre out where I live in cobleskill NY. "The Park Theatre" was opened early in the depression. Tickets were 5 cents. Today the theatre's screen and sound has been updated but all the banister work and seats are all original (re upholstered though). The entrance to the theatre is lined with original poster's of films they aired, including Sound of music, cinderella, sleeping beauty, Dumbo, etc. And hey, tickets today are only 5 dollars, a drink is a dollar twenty five, and popcorn is two dollars! Can't beat it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Dang, I had this confused with Fairbank's "The Black Pirate" movie, that was done in Technicolor.

"The Mark of Zorro" is in beautiful blank & white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 01:18 am:

One of my all-time favorite movies! I have seen it on the big screen four or five times. I have it on tape somewhere, but haven't watched it for a few years. I also have seen the sequel "Don Q, Son of Zorro" a few times. It also stars Douglas Fairbanks. Both of them are fantastic!
Drive carefully, and enjoy,W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration