FOR SALE! Full Set of Non-Demountable Wheels and Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: FOR SALE! Full Set of Non-Demountable Wheels and Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

These were bought for a project that has since "evaporated" and the wheels and tires are no longer needed.

wheels
wheels1
wheels2
wheels3
wheels4

The wheels and tires are in excellent condition. they are 30 x 3 on the fronts and 30 x 3 1/2 for the rears. All tires are Firestones, with excellent tread.

tread
tread1
tread2
tread3

All of the spokes are nice and tight and all tires/tubes do hold air. the threads on the hubs for the hubcaps are in great condition. The felloe plates on the wheels are all Ford.

Asking price on the set of wheels is $525. These can be held until pick-up can be arranged. If you have any questions or would like to see any other or more specific photos, please do not hesitate to ask. You can get in touch with me through a Private Message here on the forum. These are located just South of Detroit. I will post some more photos and attach them to this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Just adding some more photos.

wheels0
wheels9
wheels8
wheels7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Sorry! I thought that I had posted this in the Classifieds, my mistake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

YOu do know how to make a guy drool, don't you?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Peter, I sent u an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

What would they fit on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

They sold fast once they went onto the classified area. At least I am pretty sure they were sold, when I looked at it there about an hour ago.
I was not surprised. I would have bought them myself if I had the money to spare, and found them first.

As for what they should fit? A tough one. They appear to be square felloes, which came out about 1918. They would fit earlier, but not be correct. Somewhere after 1918, a metal felloe non-demountable was also used. Exactly when the two types were used after 1919 is still being debated. I have seen (but do not have) proof that square wood felloes were used as late as 1926. I have seen (and you can find it in past threads on this site) solid evidence that the steel felloes were used as early as 1921, and maybe earlier. There is evidence both were used as late as 1926, and maybe even later.
That is the best answer I can give. I have hundreds (literally, I started to count them recently) of past threads bookmarked that interest me. I don't bookmark all the threads that interest me, and even though the ones I do bookmark are in several folders, I already have trouble finding ones I know I have bookmarked.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration