Take a look before it goes to Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Take a look before it goes to Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Got this done, test run, dried and ready for a box to send along to Chickasha and decided maybe I should take a couple pictures of it. Turned out pretty nice. I made the air intake -- the curved piece at the bottom -- the old one had been heated and straightened and beat on so many times I couldn't save it.

This is how it came in.......

All in pieces...........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

By the way, it is not for sale. It is for an early Ford, I'm thinking an N, 1906 maybe?? I forget. Anyway, it runs far better than it seems like it should for the design.

It was a customer rebuild, just being returned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Neato.

Did "Buffalo" make Model T carbs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

I know two people who have a "buffalo" carb.The late Don Meadows and Russ Potter. They made them ,but there is some conjecture as to weather or not they were ever actually used on model T's. Would be interesting to know..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Nice job Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

I know two people who have a "buffalo" carb.The late Don Meadows and Russ Potter. They made them ,but there is some conjecture as to weather or not they were ever actually used on model T's. Would be interesting to know..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 12:59 am:

As near as I can tell they were used on some of the 09's. They apparently used quite a few of them on the N R S cars so probably some of that carried over. They must have used a few, this is a Buffalo set up for Model T.

I would guess the Kingston 5 ball was quite a bit cheaper, less fussy and easier to adjust so they got a lot more use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 03:40 am:

Stan,
Did you polish up this "Buffalo" Carb,I remember selling one to Rob Heyen If so I would love to see some After photos

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 04:00 am:

Neat stuff! Thank you Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 05:08 am:

another Stan Master Piece! Somebody gonna have a show piece on their car & it won't only look good, but operate as new or better than new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:36 am:

the one above is the same as my o8 brush. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Don, yes, we still have your Buffalo. I also run a Buffalo on our Model K. While the two look different on the outside, both the K and T versions have internal similarities. Stan rebuilt the Buffalo on our K, and it is simple, but performs well. Ford used Buffalo, Kingston and Holley on the Model K. I know Kningston and Holley carbs were used on NRS, however I don't/didn't know Buffalo came on NRS.

Stan, another work of art.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Thanks,
The Model T Buffalo in the photo is not one I am working on. I got it as a reference photo from the owner for one I am working on.

Rob, I don't know for sure what this little one goes on. A guy got it to me last year at Chickasha but I don't remember for sure what it fits. I was thinking he said it was for an N.

I don't have any info on whether they used them on the NRS cars or not, I was just going by what somebody told me awhile back.

Off to the shop.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration