Old Photo - June 23 1910 - Two Model T Touring Cars Posing With A Wedding Party

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - June 23 1910 - Two Model T Touring Cars Posing With A Wedding Party
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Looks like the groom (back seat T on the right) is having second thoughts....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Robert, Either that or a bad case of Hemorrhoids. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:51 am:

In June of 1950 he re-discovered this photo and exclaimed, "Look, my old Ford!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:07 am:

An all-around well-composed and interesting photo. Bride and groom are the center of attention. Three of the ladies are smiling, not bad for 1910. Pensive groom makes one wonder what's on his mind. Chauffeur on the right looks relaxed wearing gauntlets and (maybe) puffing on a cigar. Best of all, the period outfits are great. Not to forget, that's a good-looking pair of Model T's. Thanks, Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:18 am:

Windshields are not the same, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Jay you always have great vintage photo's and I'm amazed for the most part how clear they are for their time period. The things I like about them is the detail and questions that arise from them. I noticed, though I'm sure an optical illusion based on depth perception, that the car on the left seems to sit lower, this may be due to the me sized gentleman in the back. The car on the right appears to have Brown sidelights and headlights, the traditional looking double twist Rubes horn and a Corcoran or Brown generator. The car on the right looks to have E&J sidelights but maybe 6 hole Corcoran headlights and the earlier version of the Rubes double twist horn, I really can't see the generator. I also noticed that the windshields are different. I can't tell the makes though I'm sure neither are Metzger, maybe Rand? To me the pictures you post test my knowledge, reminds me the lack there of and how unique each car was despite standardization of the drivetrain. Thanks Jay ever so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

I think it is a shotgun wedding, the groom looks pregnant ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Gee Wizz I for one would like to know how that marriage went and their life story. Possibly WW1 had some influence on them all and what about the cars? Where did they end up...
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Robert,

I don't know if the groom is having second thoughts, but I'm sure he's having second helpings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

What is the deal with the gauntlet's? It is obviously warm as seen by the dress of everyone. Was he afraid his hands would get cold hanging on to the steering wheel? I have a pair like them from my grandfather and always thought they were for winter use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

James,
I think the gauntlets and the hat are just badges used to establish as fact that he knows more about that Ford and automobiles in general than anyone else present.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 12:10 am:

The guy with the gauntlets is the local Vet and he's headed out to deliver a calf, as soon as they pop the beer keg.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration