SmithLens

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: SmithLens
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Does anyone know anything about a headlight lens named SmithLens?
Here is a picture:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

I had a nice set of them on one of the Ts I used to have. They come in a few sizes, some fit the T headlamp perfectly, some are close. There are also at least two different patterns for the way the "squares" line up. The ones I had had a very slight purple tinting of the glass.
I think they were used as original equipment on a couple non-Ford cars, but don't recall which (maybe early Star?). I don't know if they were sold as after-market replacements or not. But I liked them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

These are fork mount type. Excellent condition. Adjustment screw on top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Here is a picture of the back side.
Very nice headlights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

Nice headlamps! Certainly not T. I don't recognize them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

In my experience a lot of Ts and 490 chev headlights have smithlens in New Zealand. I have about 4 sets from Ts and 490s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Robbie, the fork mounted electric headlights that came with our Canadian sourced cars are almost exactly like yours.In my experience, there are two minor differences. Around the sockets at the back, the lamp body has a flat section about 1/2" wide around the socket. The rivets/pins which hold the rims in place are at 3,6,9&12 o'clock.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration