Coil box question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coil box question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Guys, I have power to the bottom of my '27 coil box, and to the brass strip inside, what is the return path for the 6v? Hope I have explained it correctly. Are the timer wires used to complete the power circuit?

I have just converted to coils, timer and 6v and when I first tested it they buzzed but now, silent as a tomb.

I know I'm missing something.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

The timer is your return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Thanks Ted. I'll check it out when I get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Yes, the timer grounds the coils. If they don't buzz when the timer turns, check all connections in the circuit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Thanks for the confirmation Steve.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:04 am:

Steve and Ted, just to let you know, I have found my buzz again. I cranked the motor over a little and everything worked fine.

The one stupid thing I did was think my new battery was fully charged, it wasn't, it's now on charge so I will play again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration