Roar coming from the engine.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Roar coming from the engine.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

I took the grandkids for a ride today. Before we got back to the house I noticed the engine started to roar a little louder. I thought what in the world is going wrong!! Then thought, I bet the cutout is partially open. Sure enough. Pulled up on the cutout connection in the floorboard....no more roar. Whew!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

I expected Mr. Sand walking in from the garage!

Glad it was simple.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

I had nothing to do with it! Honest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

I have an exhaust cutout on my TT. When I park I always leave it open based on the fantasy that less exhaust resistance makes it easier to start. In any event, when I crank it up there's a lot more noise and drama. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:05 am:

I thought maybe he had put a "Tiger in his tank", as the Exxon slogan used to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:17 am:

One of the reasons l like old cars is the noise and drama!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Ya beat me to it Terry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Lost my muffler three times on the Winter Tour in Florida, got used to that nice roaring sound. Got it welded up now, no more roar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Exhaust packing nut will do that too :-( Mine backed off one day at a car show I pulled out the big wrench and started to tighten it and the guy next to me said "you mean it isnt supposed to sound like that?" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

When my engines roar, I smile inside....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration