Safety plate windshield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Safety plate windshield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

Where is the best place to buy safety glass windshields for my 15 T Roadster. I am in Sacramento Ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Call Sacramento Vintage Ford, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Or any reputable auto glass dealer ought to be able to do it. I've had two done already. Be back again for one of 'em, as I no sooner got the top half for my '15 home I sorta banged it putting it back in the bracket and well.....yeh, it cracked! Dang. Another $65 down the drain. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Please note the new glass is slightly thicker than the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

What I get is laminated glass not quite auto grade but close the nice thing it is thin enough fit orginal glass channel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

The "armor" plate glass on our MRAP's was 3" thick. Good for stopping AK rounds (note
white "pings"), but probably a tad excessive for the lighter construction and mission needs
of a typical Model T ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:16 am:

I got my '25's windshield from Butte Glass here in Oroville, CA, as I recall it was under $100.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Are you sure Larry? The safety glass in all my cars measures exactly .25". Is that not the same as original glass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I just put safety glass in my '13 roadster, and as I recall, it was about .030 thicker than the original plate glass I took out, which was perfect.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration