OT But Old Car Related

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT But Old Car Related
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

A friend of mine is restoring a 1908 (or so) Kiblinger. He had asked me if I knew a source for high wheels, wooden with solid rubber tread. As there is much wisdom here I thought I'd ask for any inputs on a source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Have him try Witmer Coach Shop. Ill attach a link with their contact info. They have no web site. So all the link is for, is just contact info.I have used them for years. Very nice and very reasonable on price. Give them a call and they will send your friend a catalog. They have several sizes of solid (wire on) tires, wheels, Sarven patent hubs, tire installing machine, top irons, wood bows, the cheapest tools for installing murphy fasteners, common sense fasteners, and lift a dot fasteners, I have found. They have several sizes of "reed" for the body bead work, and lots of "correct" bolts, nuts, screws ect. Just a lot of the stuff a high wheel restorer may need. I found out when restoring my High wheeler that you need to think Horse and Buggy, Amish, and Blacksmith, when looking for parts. Have fun and be safe... Donnie Brown ...

http://witmer-coach-shop.new-holland.pa.amfibi.directory/us/c/2482413-witmer-coa ch-shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

they are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Thanks Donnie, Just what I was looking for. I'll pass along the info.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration