1907 at Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1907 at Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:40 am:

The 1907 postcard sent me to Google Maps to check out the scene today. That led me to a couple of other things.

Same scene today.

Satellite view of the fairgrounds. This is a fairly recent view, dated 2016. You can see the construction on the east side of the fairgrounds had begun at the time. An interesting glitch is that Google Maps still shows East Colorado Avenue, but the satellite view shows that it no longer exists.

The restored old Rock Island station. When I first visited Chickasha in 1986 it was an abandoned derelict and the side door in the center of the picture still had an old White Waiting Room sign on it.

The current (Sunday morning) forecast. Old Chickasha hands know it can change completely before Wednesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I was there one yr. and it snowed. So bring clothes acordingly

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration