OT. California banned non degernt oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT. California banned non degernt oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

Friday got call from local auto parts store in Town and all non degernt oils
Are banned in the state plus Many Other
Wieghts of oil.so go buy up what you can before they Send it back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

That is so stupid, why are the guys out there electing these stupid people? I just don't understand it?

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

785-408-3409

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

I am no David Hasselhoff, so excuse my ignorance on the subject of oils, but what
is the reasoning behind this ? Some great ecological/recycling advantage ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

A Google search found a new requirement for longer-lasting oils, but I couldn't find anything about detergent or non-detergent. This smells like another urban legend, like the "lacquer thinner ban".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

What would you run in air compressors and lawn mowers?

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

If it is a lawn mower that you care about you would run detergent oil. My air compressors use air compressor oil, not motor oil. I don't see a problem there Travis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

The riebes/Napa in oroville,ca had a printed out sheet Of 10 or so different oils fist on the list was Valvoline non degernt 30wt and there brand 30wt non degernt many others included 20w50wt racing for Volkswagen.looking online they
State they want the oil company's to label
What OEM engine or brand the spefic oil is to be used with.there trying to get older engines off the road attached is the link found.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4027914/1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Uber-Progressive Califunny IS Enviro-Nazi land!!!!!!!!!
Mother Earth ONE, Humans ZERO!!!!!! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard, Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

The ban was on all motor oils with service classifications which API has designated as obsolete. Non-detergent was not the sole target, it was also all other properties, additives, and characteristics of the old recipes that API considers obsolete.

When API develops a new oil service classification, it starts with a base recipe that satisfies the requirements of all previous engines and then adds new improvements to satisfy the requirements of newer engine technologies which have been developed since the prior service classification.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Worked at a small eng repair shop for years. Straight 30W detergent oil was used in all mowers of all types except the ones with hyd. lifters. 10w-30 in those or the lifters would lock up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

I live in California. Several reasons people vote for the people who ban non-detergent oil. These people always vote for the politicians who will give them what they want. The more low income people in the state, the more voters. Unfortunately, the same liberals are looking for something to do.

We used to have a horrible smog problem in California and set up state departments to stop the pollution. When the pollution was corrected, the politicians needed something else to go after, so they started regulating things which might cause problems such as "greenhouse gasses". The more power they got, they began to regulate just about everything.

I used to have a weed cutter, an air compressor and a chain saw all gasoline operated, but now that we have the new formula gasoline, they won't start anymore, so I either use electric equipment or hand tools.

Anyway, if you in any state where you happen to live, elect people of this same political position, you will get the same thing.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Well,until they build a wall to protect them from the Jet stream, they will always be polluted from across the ocean.No need to create further inconvenience on the people as they do.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration