A nice drive with Popeye

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A nice drive with Popeye
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Popeye is scheduled to depart next week for the east coast. For whatever reason I had not taken many pictures of him, so I started this morning cleaning him up for delivery to his new home, with the object of taking some final photos of how he looks on his way to the future.

I decided since it was such a nice day we should go to the lake. One thing that I noticed on the way, I don't like the 3:1 rear axle gears in hilly driving. On any kind of hill I had to shift to Ruckstell low, and even on level ground one needs to wind the wee out of the engine before shifting to high. If I was keeping the car it would need 3.64:1 gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Very nice. Wish it were coming to a driveway near me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Sure wish I had been watching the classifieds closer and found Popeye first. Popeye and Otis would be good garage buddys. By the way, Otis is still in his usual place and I guess has found a permanent home. Drove Otis to town for lunch the other day and it felt good. Anyway, catch you later Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Royce, what kind of distributor is that? Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Don,

It is not a distributor. It is a WICO magneto with impulse coupling. It is a very impressive unit - has an incredibly hot spark when cranking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Royce, You done good!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration