OT Laser rust remover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Laser rust remover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Not sure how to share this video on this format, so I'll just paste the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TechExplorers/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

I saw the video in Facebook under Alan Goddard's page, not sure but I think he has one.... Mind you he has and needs all kinds of exotic tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Neat tool to have, don't suppose they sell them at Harbor Freight?
PS don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 05:28 am:

The units can be bought for (500watt) $380,000. I think that I'd want to take one for a test drive before buying it though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 07:39 am:

The "portable" machines has been around for at least six years and sold commercially. That's not the first use of lasers to remove rust, paint or corrosion. It's still a slow process and line-of-sight only. And it still leaves behind loose ferric oxide just like electrolysis method (soda conversion).

Entertaining but not new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Guess you can do just about anything with a laser. Remove rust. Remove hair. Grow hair. The possibilities are endless.:-)

We have a laser cutting machine at work. It will make short work of cutting any profile in steel up to 5/8 or 3/4 thick. Beats the heck out of a torch or plasma cutter quality wise and beats a water jet time wise, but for thickness of cut, the water jet wins hands down. We don't have one of those, but we know someone who does and have them cut our thicker stuff. No rust removal though.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Morrison on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

That's pretty impressive. Looks pretty satisfying to use too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration