OT - Close to Chickasha, a Ford Six in El Reno

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Close to Chickasha, a Ford Six in El Reno
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

just north of Chickasha is El Reno, OK.

While I don't know if a Model K ever made it to Chickasha, there was one in nearby El Reno:

Judge Blake of El Reno owned a "new $3200 automobile" according to the May 1908 El Reno article above.

And the July 1908 "El Reno Daily American" article below identifies the Judge's car as a big, black "Ford 60:"

The article gives a tall tale speed for the Judges car, but who am I to dispute a news article.......
:-)

So who knows, when we're at Chickasha, maybe we'll find a few parts left over from some old Ford six cylinder car.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I think I may have some land for sale, on the side of that swamp. But a great tale, nonetheless.
Thanks again Rob.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy. W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Rob:

It seems to me that you have a new speed target.....

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Wayne, I've been half way there (66 mph), so, who knows.....

Well OK, not possible.

Tim, this is what they said about six cylinder cars in Oklahoma in 1909. It's right up there with "never look a gift horse in the mouth:"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 01:40 am:

Rob, The GPS says 66.4 Is the speed to beat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 04:26 am:

We stayed in El Reno a couple of times about ten years ago when going to Chickasha. I think they had a tornado go through there not too long ago. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

Dean, what's a few tenths among friends?

David, I hope there's no tornado in El Reno this year. However I know there'll be a cyclone at Chickasha:

A red one........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Rob,

I am staying in El Reno this year. I will keep an eye out for that car!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration