Kingston 4 (four) ball carburetor what does it fit?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Kingston 4 (four) ball carburetor what does it fit?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

I just picked up this carburetor to sell but in all the years I have seen it I didn't notice that it was backwards. It would be an easy thing to change it to T but it might be worth more as it's setup. Unless they/it are really corroded the one ball I looked at looks to cork. It is T sized, my thumb makes it look smaller then it is, like the mirrors on the passenger side! :-)

(Message edited by redmodelt on March 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

Since the mixture knob is. not set up for inside the car adjustment it is likely for a stationary engine or marine power plant. What size is the throttle blade?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

It's a hair under 1 inch and the mounting hole spacing matches up to T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

I think it was on some '14 Model T's.
The one I have is like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:51 am:

They were used, as were many Kingston, Holley and other makers designs, on a variety of cars, tractors and stationary engines. Maxwell used them on some of the pre-Flanders cars although they mostly used Johnson.

Kingston 4 and 5 ball carbs came in every possible size and configuration from 1/2 pipe flange size to 2 inch pipe flange or larger. I am doing one right now that is tiny and cute, looks like a puppy along side a Model T Kingston. It is for an Evinrude boat engine.

Here is a little bigger one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Did a little more close checking, the throttle hole and center to center on mounting bolts are just a little smaller then Ford. Just enough to be no go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Lane on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Stan, you are a whiz with your vast carburetor knowledge. Wish we had someone like you down under in New Zealand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Thanks! Maybe I'll move to NZ for the part of the year it is cold and miserable here and then you'll have somebody.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration