Bringing to chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bringing to chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

4 frames, 4 rear ends, 2 with springs, 2 sets rear springs 9 leaf, 1-8 leaf, speedster tanks, steering columns, 26/27 gas tank and fenders, older fenders and more i haven't loaded yet FG-17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyrus Sharp on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

What space/ building are you located ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 01:24 am:

He is in FG-17.
Just outside the east side door to the north building.

I'll have a rough 26-27 roadster body in space FE-22.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:56 am:

I hope you cash out Robert but I'm just wondering; is there really a market for T rear ends, torque tubes, frames and chassis springs?? Your thoughts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Not in the Pacific Northwest - I hauled over 4000 lbs. of the same to the scrapper yesterday !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Most of this just went to the scrapper - too far to haul to Chickasha !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 11:45 am:

to bad you waited to long.here in mo. it wont pay the gas bill to haul it to the scrapper.glad i got rid of mine when the price was $275.00 @ ton. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Steve,

Before you do anything rash...I have a few good T friends that would probably be interested in helping save some of this stuff and put it to use..

Perhaps we could make a trip up and take some things off your hands so you don't have to deal with it?

Would you have any sheet metal?....looking for '24-'25 roadster tin...

Clayton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Clayton I have some 23 /25 roadster sheet-metal

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Well, I don't know if there is a market but that is what I have. Also have some fenders and fender irons, and a few smalls. Guess if there's no market I'll bring it home and wait for scrap prices to come back up. All I know is nobody is making any of this stuff new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Hope there is a market. if not,I will wait for scrap prices to go up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Unbelievable. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Brutal. I gave all my extras away. It wasn't hard finding someone who wanted free T parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Steve T:

Did you really scrap out the flywheels with ring gears and magnets,torque tubes, 4 dip pans and steering columns?

Is so, that's a shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Why, oh why, am I always sooooo far away from all of the good stuff. Oh, the bitter tears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

I have a Model T Speedster I am building out of parts people "threw away". It has the frame, engine, axles, transmission, body, etc. that people said they were "throwing away" because it was junk! I think the reason most of it was classified as "junk" was because the either didn't know how to repair an original part or they bought a "new" part because that is what you do when you restore a car isn't it...put new parts on it so it is "restored"??? OR, maybe they were done restoring their car so what was left was "junk" to them!?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

I am hoping Steve T is just kidding.... But there are lots of people that would sell it to a scrapper rather than take less than the high price they want. My personal belief is that there are "NO" model T parts that should be scrapped. There is someone who can use them. If a person is considering selling for scrap, at least post it for awhile at scrap price to see if there are any takers. And I do not mean just a couple days. It does take some time to get the word out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 12:11 am:

No Joke - been advertising for months !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 12:52 am:

Yes these items were posted here and I talked briefly with Steve T I was in the market for a rear end and spring he was going almost give me one, but I could not make the trip nor find a ride even part way so I found one closer to home
Yes sad but then I gathered a my parts for my current speedster most within 200 mile radiouse of home
Trouble today with large parts shipping unless you have unlimited time and funds
Yes sad but I for one fully understand stoves view

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 02:02 am:

Pardon the thread drift, but I have seen Steve T's ads to give away some of this stuff. So as much as I do not like it, He is off my hook.
Further thread drift, again, my apologies. If it were not for the corruption of our government, I would have taken as much of Steve's stuff as he would have allowed me. Thanks to our corrupt government, I am too broke to buy the gasoline to drive that far.
I don't know which of those two things makes me the sickest at heart.
Wayne Sheldon
Sorry Chris B.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 02:05 am:

Please everyone that can and does go?!
Have fun at Chickasha!
I want to read wonderful swap reports and see lots of photographs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 04:41 am:

What the hell? You burnt all those parts? Have you seen the parts i have to work with & make from scratch? You are despicable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 07:01 am:

The economics of it aside, I do not know how anyone who appreciates this hobby could have the heart to be the one who decides that something is no longer worth existing for the remainder of generations that come after me in this hobby.

That said, the cavalier attitude about it might be the worst part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 07:33 am:

What's the problem? He tried to find good homes for the parts and nobody wanted them. How can anyone expect him to continue incurring the expense of storage for stuff that nobody except the scrap dealer is willing to buy for scrap value?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 09:25 am:

We recently (last July) purchased our
"retirement" home & property - I've ran a small (me) Model T Parts & Service Garage for 12 + years and while I'm still going to do some restoration work for fellows, I am going to slow down the pace a bit. I don't feel any need to defend myself from any "wrong-doing" - most folks that know me realize I am more than reasonable on prices and have given a lot of parts away "free of charge", mostly to newcomers in the hobby - I just had too much stuff to move !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

A little context might be helpful. First - Steve has tried to sell this stuff to Model T folks real cheap and had very few takers. Secondly - in the greater Seattle area there is another fellow as well that has a major collection of parts for sale so there is no shortage of good T stuff at reasonable prices. Steve moved a ways away from the easy commute to his place and was faced with the expense of moving and storing stuff he would likely not be able to sell any time in the near future. Supply and demand being what it is he tried to have it go to good homes but that can only go on for so long before you just have to make things happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

I've been in the antique phonograph hobby for many years. In that time I've gathered a bunch of spare parts, some are for "good" phonographs, others are for the kind of phonograph you almost have to give away these days. I had a box of motors for the latter category that I tried to get $1 for at a local phonograph club function. No takers... I made my mind up that just because nobody wants this stuff, it does not automatically bind me to become its caretaker for all eternity. As it turned out, I was 1 day away from throwing it all away when a local antique dealer came to visit on another matter. He asked what the box of motors was all about. I told him that for his curiosity, he now owns them. Off he went, motors in hand. Still, Steve's story sickens me a bit. Not so much blaming him, just the situation. I'm glad I didn't stumble across that scrapyard after he unloaded... At some point guys, our stuff owns us more than we own it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

"At some point guys, our stuff owns us more than we own it."

Man Jerry, you got that right!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Am with Steve Jelf - unbelievable. I throw NOTHING out and work with marginal parts that are unsuitable for even the most half-assed restorations. There's always an alternative to destroying history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

To be fair, Steve has been pleading with any T folks to come literally just take the stuff away if they want any of it. It's made me sick that I'm too far to get any of it but it's not like he hasn't been advertising it and telling anyone and everyone. It's definitely not a case of the price being too high, just nobody showed up to take any of it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration