Old Photo - Cherokee Parts Store, Atlanta Georgia, 1936

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Cherokee Parts Store, Atlanta Georgia, 1936
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:29 am:

By the way the women are dressed, I would suspect that picture to be taken in the late 1950's. That was the time when women began to wear pants and the ankles showing is a give away. The Model A pickup also shows signs of much wear and tear, which would be consistent with that date.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:38 am:

That photo appears on numerous websites, one of which has the following caption:

Garage in Southern City Outskirts (Auto parts shop). 1936. Atlanta, GA

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 01:11 pm:

The cars inside the building look to be late 20's-early thirties. 1936 is believable to me. I did think it might be much later when I saw the Boom Box near the lady's elbow but now realize those are Batteries. !0)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

I didn't know that you could interchange parts on a Cherokee Indian. I can't believe they have their own parts store!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 12:04 am:

Times have sure changed!!!! Today if you left that much scrap outside over night the druggies would have the building stripped to the bare walls.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Maybe they did move everything indoors overnight? We have a bike salesman in town that spends 20 minutes every morning and night moving out bikes for display outside to give some room in the shop - and move them inside again :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

I'm not sure that isn't a skirt rather than pants.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration