Beaudett bodied Touring numbers Q:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Beaudett bodied Touring numbers Q:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Since I have been working on moving the risers so I can see why the wood behind it is so close to the motor mount I noticed some numbers stamped on the riser.
I checked the forum and found a post by Hap:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/113666.html?1257717505

So I figured the numbers and letter:

B 007290 20

The B is for Beaudett and the last two numbers are year of production 1920

My T is registered as a 1920 but she has a 23 engine (Title has the 23 engine number. But it will be changed back to a 20 now that I have a 1919 block!).

Now that I see this stamp I know she is a 20 (there are also many other tells, like 5 panel back, straight windshield, etc.)

So my question is if there is any information as to when this body was made? I figure that since the # is in the 7000 range it might have been built early in the year...

Thanks in advance for any help in figuring out month/date of manufacture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, March 14, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Okay here are Beaudett production numbers for 3 years:

1919 293,067
1920 290,381
1921 230,434

So I figured about 24,000 bodies per month

or about 1200 bodies per day I take that number divided by 2 (although I don't know if they build the hard tops as well for this exercise lets just say they built open cars)

Gives me 600 of each model per day (20 day work month) so my car would have been built 3rd week of January earliest and before March latest if they built the hard tops as well...

That is if my assumption that the number is a consecutive build serial number...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 11:06 am:

My late August 1920 Touring has a B309XXX20 number. Car is currently in storage and can't get to it easily. The car is at the tail end of model year and to me yours would appear to be very early, August or September 1919?? My touring also has an embossed B on the center of rear seat riser. The picture was taken about two years ago when I was restoring the car, and you can kind of make out the numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

They way I figured was that they followed Fords lead on new year introduction, so August 1st 1919 would be a 20...

Anyone here know if that was a possibility?

Or did the 20 start in Jan 1st and end Dec 31st? That said I Would love to see a 1919 stamp!

Only question here is that your serial number read 300k and up when supposedly they only made 290k for 1920... I venture to guess the build numbers recorded are wrong...

I'll look for the 'B' on the bench seat riser tomorrow...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Yep, I have a "B" as well, although someone drilled a hole through it... don't know why they didn't just go through one of the B holes instead of the raised part... oh well..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Robert,
Where did you find the Beaudett production numbers? I'd like to see the numbers for 1914.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration