Q: What year is this transmission cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Q: What year is this transmission cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

My 20 has a 23 engine, and it has this transmission cover with an oil line... Is this a later year cover or an accessory add on?

Thanks in advance

Side note: Why does the site rotate my pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

An accessory add on. Looks like a Ford Faithful", except that most of them had the name stamped onto the cover. They were a common and very popular accessory in the 1920s, and are fairly popular still.
While most of them had the name on them, I have seen a few that did not. That does look like the actual Ford Faithful stamping (like a few others I have seen), just without the name. I don't know what the story is behind them. Earlier? Later? Cheap knockoffs? I don't know. But I would use it. They do seem to be a pretty good thing.

As for the picture rotation? Are you using a smart phone?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Robert,

Interesting. On my Windows laptop your picture is sideways. On my iPhone the picture is vertical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 09:08 am:

Could be a surefeed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration