OT speedster dual intake manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT speedster dual intake manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

I've got a Rajo 4 valve head I'm adding to my speedster Eliza. I'm thinking I'm going to run two Zenith S4BF carburetors. Does anyone have a mandrel pipe bender? Or know where I could get this made?

I need two pieces like this. I want 1.25" inner diameter, or, 1.5" outer diameter. 16 or 18 gauge is fine. 8 inch center line radius for the bend. 9" CLR would work too but I prefer 8" if possible. Just leave 2" of straight on either end of the 90 degree bend. Just plain ole carbon steel. I'm going to weld the flanges on that let me bolt this to the head and the carbs to the intake.

I've been searching the Internet high and low for anything similar. Either the CLR is really small or if they can make what I want they want $100 minimum order. I'm thinking these two pieces should be $30 tops. In fact, the one place that could make it they're only $11 each. I just don't need $78 of more custom bent pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Seth, Go to Home depot and look in the electrical dept. A conduit sweep may do the trick and very cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Seth,

Take a look through here. I did quick but you may find something slightly different that may work. 8" radius in a smaller size is kinda hard to come by.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/exhaust/section/exhaust-pipes-flanges-and-turndowns/part-type/exhaust-pipes-individual-bends/outside-diameter-in/1-500-in?N=4294948820%2B4294918798%2B4294897439%2B4294887580&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Here is a 6 inch radius though that may or may not work:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-12200hkr/overview/

I use stuff like above to build various items out of, that latest being my intake/exhaust for my two cylinder project. I think I have 4 or 5 different bends that I cut up and welded together to make it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Take a look at Jegs.com part 520-12200. That is a 180 bend,6"radius, 1.5" OD. About 20 bucks, and you could cut it in half and have both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Scott is a genius. $7.22 for 1.25" conduit sweep. They're out at the moment but they'll get a new box in the next day or two. Thanks everybody! I'll post the finished product when I get done with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Seth will you be going to the swap meet this year in Chickasaw?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 09:12 am:

"OT" means not Model T related. This thread is not "OT" by any means!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Well, it's definitely not for the purists, so I added the OT to be safe.

Jerome I wish I was going to Chickasaw but I blew all my money on this Rajo head! Lol, I'll get out there one of these years. Probably after I finish my mechanical engineering degree.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration