Old Photo - Posing In A Early Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Posing In A Early Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Cool photo, a 1911 with accessory doors!

(Message edited by royce on March 16, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

Looks like the rear tires have a rope wrapped around them for traction in the mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Royce-
Those look like factory doors to me.
Here is another photo of the same car:

Jay, do you have the original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Keith - I never realized that in his younger days, Lee Marvin drove a Model T! ...... ( ; ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 01:33 am:

Check out the 1913 Wisconsin license plate and the Prest - O - Lite tank.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 07:00 am:

If they're factory doors that would make the car a 1912, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 07:28 am:

Looks more like a young Fred Gwynne!

The position of the horn leads me to believe it was moved to make room for something else. It is a double twist horn, but the bulb is mounted inside the car, which is not something Ford did. That leads me to think the doors were added, not factory.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration