Which should I build?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Which should I build?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

I have parts to build a TT except for the scarce rear wheel rims. Or I could use the cab and other parts along with a 25 pickup box I have to make a closed cab pickup. If for sale, which would be the quickest to sell? The TT would be original but not very usable but the pickup could be used like a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

My T is a TT and I love it. However, if the pickup is on a regular T chassis with a regular T rear end it will almost undoubtedly be worth more than the TT and be easier to sell. Stock TTs are pretty slow and have a hard time keeping up with traffic or a tour. For this reason they're tougher to market. Some of us don't care and love' anyhow, but many more practically minded folks want the faster speed offered by a regular T.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

Personally, I would do the steel cab T pickup. They may not be historically accurate but they're just such handsome little trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

a pic you might like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

I love the TTs. I never see one in this area!! A TT will be my next model T. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

I personally would do a steel cab pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

I am a T truck only kinda guy. Something about their utilitarian nature as farm and work trucks ... just too cool.
The cars are great, but the unusual aspect of the trucks is so much better. The TT's can be made to run as
fast as the cars with some $$ and parts hunting. I am doing that with my 26. I like the look and load a flatbed
can pull off. A pickup would be cute, but good for little more than grocery-gittin' or a few sacks of feed. You can
put a couple tons of brick on a TT or pull stumps or ??? I hauled in a couple cords of wood last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

I was messing around on my cad program to see what a hard top would look like on my 25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

I have a TT with high speed rear end and Muncie 3 speed aux transmission and a really good engine with a high compression head Pass me if you can.
Seriously....The truck is faster than I want to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

I'm jealous Bob. I have an OK engine and a Muncie. What I lack is the high speed rear end (on the truck that is). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 01:32 am:

Bob,

What have you done to your engine to push that truck so well ?
What is the overdrive ratio of the Muncie ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Burger, I don't remember the overdrive ratio on the Muncie. But in all honesty I hardly ever use it. I really am not into speed. Just like the options. The engine has a Scat crank and a high compression head and standard ignition. The high speed rear end makes all the difference. I live in a flat area but I can only guess the Muncie in high and a hill would not be compatible.
I also have a TT Fire Truck with a high speed rear end, a Ruckstell, and a Warford and a fair engine. Probably more choices than I need and probably faster than I want in an open cab truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Thanks Bob. I am going for high compression head, Scat crank, Lincoln 3-speed aux. trans,
and the go-fast gears out back. Will balance everything possible, as the vibration with these
things is as crippling as low gear ratio and 20 horses. I'd like to be able to pull 45 on an open
road where I don't have to worry about traffic. My current lo-speed gears and lack of OD have
me humming badly at 20 now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 08:12 am:

If you are building it to sell you should just sell it as is. Not any profit involved in building it. In fact it is likely worth more disassembled.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration