Fitting a splash apron - 1920 Tourer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fitting a splash apron - 1920 Tourer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Hayns on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

I am a novice in need of help. Re 1920 Tourer. When fitting splash aprons and front fenders does the apron overlap over the edge of fenders or do the fenders go over the top of the aprons.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Here pictures from my 20, hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Hayns on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Thank you Robert for the images which are helpful however my issue is the join between apron and front fender from the frame to the running board.

On my car it looks like the apron should rest on top of the fender

Your help is appreciated

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Andrew, there is normally a gap between the fender and the splash panel at that point. It varies from car to car, but there should be no contact. To the eye, the splash panel is over the fender panel.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

Could of pictures to show splash shield over the front fender. The front curve of the shield is cosmetically true with the molding on the top edge of the fender, it flows with it.

The shields are fitted first to the frame, then the running boards, then the front fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Hayns on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 03:56 am:

Very many thanks.

I will remove the fender; fit the apron and running boards then refit the fender.

Andrew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration