Moto meter help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Moto meter help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Anyone have any tricks get the red mercury back down at the bottom
I found folks lay them on there sides red fill the tube
Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

You have anything variable speed in the shop? Duct-tape it on and spin it.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

I've seen a guy use a hose clamp to attach the moto meter to a wheel spoke on his T. Then drive it around until centrifugal force makes the mercury go where it needs to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Ok thanks I have rub Goldberg something

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

I would be afraid of slinging it like that, I usually just tap them on the sole of my shoe while watching the nightly news or go from cold to boiling water till it goes back to normal. KGB

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration