Speedster Books From 'Lil HumJim Press

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Speedster Books From 'Lil HumJim Press
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Have any of you purchased the set of Speedster books offered by 'Lil HumJim Press in California within the last year or so? I have been emailing them concerning an unreceived order I placed some time ago and getting replies, but in the last few months they have been unresponsive. I wonder what has happened to them? Thank you for any input. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 12:38 am:

Bill: I talked to Howard Genrich about the publications & he said that they are through.
Jim died a few years ago & Howard is now 91. The advertising has stopped in our local Magneto News.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Well, dang. I ordered and paid for the set of ten books and never received them. Another ill advised expenditure. Hmmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Bill, occasionally I see singles for sale and once I saw a full set for sale @ $150.00. I had the full set and sold them several years ago to a person in Wis. So if you send me a PM I can give you his name, perhaps he may be interested in letting them go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the offer. I will pass though. I sent a check for $297.00 to 'Lil HumJim Press for the set of ten speedster books and have never received them and that is enough for now. Live and learn. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

Did someone cash your check?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/509761.html?1422996060

I never contacted them a year or so ago.
But maybe Brian Beatty or Tony Bowker could help get in contact with the right person?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

The last contact I had about the books was from Mike Cullinane in March of 2015. I never got around to placing an order and the information provided in the link above is still the only contact information I have.

Best of luck to you! I hope they are still available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

Deleted

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on March 21, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

Bill, if you see individual books for sale, #'s 1,2,4, and 7 are the best. The rest are interesting but contain some "inside jokes" and some repetition. All in all they are ALL very fun to read.....hope you can get them. Jim C. Was a hoot and Humble Howard is a very good straight man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Bill Harper, I spoke with Jim Cullinane's daughter in law and she told me that she is printing five full sets that are already spoken for. She said one set was going to a fellow named Bill.

I contributed several articles and did a lot of the art work in some of the books, enjoy them. Fast Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Bruso on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Bill, I too ordered and paid for a complete set of these books. I have now been waiting for well over three years, and still don't have them. Fast Frank Harris even stepped in for me over a year ago to try to get things resolved, but they still haven't shipped them. I have stayed in touch as best as I can via email with the Cullinane's, and they have had several major life issues that keep postponing getting the books done. Sit and wait, and hope that we haven't been taken to the cleaners. At least we both now know that we aren't the only ones who paid and have been waiting for a long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Hi Kevin, Good to see you on the Forum! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Update:

First: To all of you who have contacted me off of the forum, thank you for your input and interest.

Second: I just concluded a phone call I received from the Cullinanes. As Kevin Bruso mentioned, above, they are dealing with several major family health issues and are swamped. They are good people trying to do the best that they can, but it "ain't easy". Those of us who have dealt with the care of elderly parents will, or should, understand. That care becomes your only job and almost everything else gets a lick and a promise, if it is lucky. They concede that much has fallen through the cracks and apologized.

My order is being resolved. We're good.

If any of you are so inclined, the Cullinanes could use a prayer or two for strength, courage, and grace as they work their way along this path. Thank you, Bill.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration