WTB: Budd rear wire wheel hubs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: WTB: Budd rear wire wheel hubs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Need 2 rear Budd wire wheel hubs to complete early sprint car. Have Budd wire wheels, front hubs and wheel nuts to trade or "cash"

thnx,

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Any chance you would like to sell the extra wheels, front hubs, and nuts?

Thanks,
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

At this time no. I have almost 3 sets of wheels lots of front hubs and nuts and really need 2 rear hubs to put my car on the road.

I need to hold out for the rear hubs for my project. In the future I'm sure I would sell a complete set of wheels, hubs and nuts, with the Budd wheel wrench.

thnx,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Brass car guy......smile.

I took two extra Budd front hubs and two rear model T hubs with good tapers/key ways and made up a rear set. Machine down the model T hubs and bored the Budd hubs and pressed/welded them together. Turned out great and was not that much work. Used an old T rear axle griped with a lath collet to keep everything true. I also drilled/tapped two 3/8-16 holes that tied both hubs together with set screws using lock tight. Do some measurements so that the brake drum is located correctly. You want some gap between the wheel hub and brake drum when the wheel is tightened. I skip welded the T hub flange to the modified Budd front hub. make sure you have both right and left front Budd hubs. I also modified Overland front spindles by welding the tops/bottoms from old model T spindles. The Overland also uses 1/2" king pins like the model T. When looking at the front spindles on my model T, they look stock. Overland has larger spindles/bearings/nuts compared to model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Brass car guy......smile.

I took two extra Budd front hubs and two rear model T hubs with good tapers/key ways and made up a rear set. Machine down the model T hubs and bored the Budd hubs and pressed/welded them together. Turned out great and was not that much work. Used an old T rear axle griped with a lath collet to keep everything true. I also drilled/tapped two 3/8-16 holes that tied both hubs together with set screws using lock tight. Do some measurements so that the brake drum is located correctly. You want some gap between the wheel hub and brake drum when the wheel is tightened. I skip welded the T hub flange to the modified Budd front hub. make sure you have both right and left front Budd hubs. I also modified Overland front spindles by welding the tops/bottoms from old model T spindles. The Overland also uses 1/2" king pins like the model T. When looking at the front spindles on my model T, they look stock. Overland has larger spindles/bearings/nuts compared to model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration