Bittner engineering

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bittner engineering
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Wandesforde on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Does anyone know how to contact Bittner Engineering (True-Fire ignition)?
Are they still in business?
The old phone number I found is disconnected and there is no contact info on their web site.
A couple of years ago I bought new coils from them that work great and need 4 more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Good luck. Hard to get a response. You might be better off buying the whole enchilada from one of the vendors IF they even have any in stock. Then you'd have spare unused parts if needed in the future. Just sayin :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Alan-
From what I have heard, he has hung it up. Too bad, he made a nice product.

I think you will need to call on one of the other guys who rebuild original coils.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 02:07 am:

Try this, it was good 6months go. MrBittner's wife does most of the communication, Mr Bittner does have a day job so give a day or two.
dana.s.bittner@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Alan, oops, misunderstood your post. I forgot Ed also sold coils.

Keith, you're right, it's a good product, while I didn't put T.F. on my '20 it came with it from previous second owner, it works well as long as I keep all the contacts good and clean. Car has no mag, so can't go back to original until engine gets rebuilt, and it's been done not that long/miles ago so that's not in the cards. If the TF goes, I'll have to put in an e-timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

I spoke with a friend today that deals with Bittner Engineering. They are still in business and he still buys from them. The phone has been disconnected for at least two years. The E-mail works as of two days ago. Sometimes it take a while for an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

If you do a search I posted a good phone number for Bittner several months ago. I looked in my files and can not find it, but its is here in history.

For what its worth I have 4 Bittner systems and would not own or run a T without them. I did have an issue with one system I hooked it up wrong and toasted it. I sent to off for repair and it was returned in 2 weeks fixed and ready for "correct installation". It's in my barn fresh '12 and now have nearly 800 miles and it never misses a beat.

One of the features I like is the fact that the system fires 2 cylinder at a time and that more often than not gives me free starts.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration