Right and Left hand drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Right and Left hand drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 01:09 am:

I am not familiar with all the states but were some states right hand drive and some left hand drive. Here in B.C. up to about 1915 all were right hand drive before the transition to left hand drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 06:35 am:

I believe that in all U.S. States the roads were always required to be driven on the right (once traffic laws were established).

Cars were not legislated to be either right hand drive or left hand drive. Prior to 1909 most cars were right hand drive (r.h.d.). Subsequently, due to the influence of the model T Ford mostly, almost all vehicles were left hand drive. Specialty vehicles like postal delivery vehicles are still produced r.h.d.

When I had a r.h.d. model T I was never stopped by a constable... R.h.d. is not illegal.

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration