Parts Supplier info. needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Parts Supplier info. needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

I have not had a T since 08 and have one now. Need some good quality parts. I used to use Mac's for a lot things but do not anymore due to the high ship costs since they changed owners. I would like to know about any alternative suppliers with good ship costs, service, etc.. Thank you in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Cook on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Snyders Antique Auto Parts is in Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Recommend these two for general parts:

https://www.modeltford.com/

http://www.bobsantiqueautoparts.com/index.php/

And there are a few "specialty" suppliers here:

http://www.mtfca.com/suppliers/Suppliers.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Thank you very much guys. This helps me a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Mark, Shipping costs have gotten very expensive. It is not the suppliers fault. Where are you. We are in California and ship worldwide. Let us know if we can help. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Lets not forget- these are good folks, too:
www.chaffinsgarage.com/
www.snydersantiqueauto.com/
www.snjparts.com/

And, there are more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

In addition to the good dealers already mentioned, there are Birdhaven, Antique Auto Ranch, and Model T Haven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:26 am:

Mark -- I see from your profile that you're in Colorado. You'll get parts quicker by ordering from suppliers near you, such as Bob's and Birdhaven. Lang's is farther away, but they have the largest selection of parts and their service can't be beat. I have nothing against Chaffin's and probably would order more from them if I were on the left coast. But it seems that it takes the Pony Express at least a week to cross the Rocky Mountains.

If you need some used parts, try Dave Huson in Berthoud or Model T Haven in KS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

I live in western Pa. not far from Snyder's, so I have dealt with them for years, I have next day Fedex delivery from them which is a plus I did buy fenders from Rootlieb direct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Hey Mark, just my 2cts. worth experience with Mac's. Was pre-warned by club members an shoulda listened. "not a matter of if, just a matter of when" you'll get yours. They don't care, I made 5-6-8 hundred dollar orders, didn't matter losing a customer. It will catch up to em' one day !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:20 am:

For what it's worth, one thing I have noticed is that Mac's has a large presence on eBay and a lot of the more common parts are listed there. If you select the items on eBay and add to your shopping cart, then review your order, it will show the total s/h, which is greatly reduced than if you bought each item seperately. The items come priority mail and I have been pleasently surprised with the reasonable s/h fees that they charge in that format.

Worth taking a look at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:44 am:

I haven't bought anything from Mac's during the present century. My experience with them in the days of snail mail orders was unsatisfactory. Obviously not all their customers have received bad enough service to kill their business, but I've seen enough gripes over the years to persuade me that it's wise to stick with the many other dealers who are consistently prompt and reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 09:06 am:

I mean NO OFFENCE Robert, but I didn't listen to others about Mac's poor business practice. I thought, "that couldn't/wouldn't happen to me". One day about a year ago, my imaginary bubble burst then got a shot w/hypodermic needle full of reality. I'm not a big time nor small time paying customer but still a "paying customer" and prefer to be treated as such. They just don't flat out care if they lose a customer and will let you know with a attitude !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 09:23 am:

You guys have got it easy. What about us Australians that purchase parts off the US suppliers!!!!!!
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 09:57 am:

I love the small Mom & Pop shops for all kinds of good reasons, but the largest strictly-Model T supplier of parts deserves equal mention. _Lang's Old Car Parts is a family business that went from small to large because of its outstanding, very personal customer service and scrupulously honest business practices.

On one occasion when I purchased, from Lang's, a top boot which didn't fit my car—and I ripped it while trying to get it to fit—I phoned Don Lang and he told me that this kind of problem wasn't unusual because when the tops on many of these old cars were restored, quite often they ended up being as much as an inch wider than original factory size. _He had me take measurements of my top and with no mention of money, told me to return the old top boot and he'd personally see to my satisfaction. _At no further charge, Don bore the expense of the top boot I had ripped, had a new one custom made for my car's over-size by the manufacturer, sent it to me and even covered the shipping costs.

Then there were the countless times I phoned Lang's for advice, and over the course of the six years I've owned my Model T, they must have spent ten man-hours talking me through my problems—for free.

Some parts suppliers—and I'm thinking of one in particular—charge an arm and a leg for shipping, but for small parts that will fit into an envelope, Lang's charges me for the postage stamps. _This outfit is as honest as a summer day is long in Alaska.

https://www.modeltford.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 10:27 am:

I agree with Bob Coiro on this.
Lang's has always been at the top of T supplier list because of customer service and in many cases price.
Don, the guys, and gals at Lang's make me feel as if I am more than a customer -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 10:43 am:

All you have to do is look on the homepage to see a list of suppliers.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Yes, and on that list of suppliers, Lang's and Mac's are listed right next to each other. But the difference in those two companies is like day and night.

I think what Mark was asking for in the original post is the kind of advice he's been give here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

I will said for you Mark, you could buy with confidence at Lang's they have platinum service. In the last 10 years they never disappointed me. They are first class people. I'm leaving in Canada and most of the time; shipping were never an issue with them, fast and reasonable. Some supplier thought Canada is another world very far away like China. We are just the other side of the border, shipping cost not supposed to be an issue... I worked in my previous life for a worldwide shipping company, I know what I mean. Happy shopping Mark!
Mario the Canadian T Bro

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration