5 main T blocks for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 5 main T blocks for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

I have available one unmachined new 5 main T block (with caps machined) for $2,000.00

Also one "semi-machined" Cylinders rough bored, guides lifter bores, all bolt holes and gasket surfaces. Deck needs final machining. Mains and cam bores need final machining. Includes new custom Crower crank and rods. $9,000.00

Here is a picture of one mostly assembled

This is NOT a project for the unskilled amateur!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Holy cow! That is sweet!

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

Its really amazing how you have gotten this far and this quickly.

Here is the states, it seems there are damn few foundries that can produce a quality casting let alone an entire block.

There is a fellow in California that has been trying to reproduce Model a blocks for years now and still has not been able to produce a good enough castings to pass muster. He has tried several different foundries and much pattern modification with little or no success.

When I try and get something cast it seems most foundries only want to do quick and simple and 100 pieces minimum.

We have had much better luck with Canadian foundries over the years. Les, I salute you for your success and endeavors providing us T guys with a better product.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:05 am:

AWESOME!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 04:48 am:

Dear Brass
I provided my foundry contact info to the guy with the A patterns, but he never contacted them. I spent a whole career designing developing and manufacturing rotating machinery. I developed a lot of contacts and experience

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:46 am:

I'll take the semi machined block and crank. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Mike
Thank you
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Make sure you get US money Les ... not Canadian !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

If I am not mistaken, Mike Penserini has a SOHC Fronty SR in a Mercury speedster. That head setup on Les's block/crank combo would be spectacular to say the least.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration