1926 model t Hood fit?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 model t Hood fit?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

I have been looking all over at photos of 1926 model t's. I know on my roadster my hood had to be rolled in the English wheel to get to fit right.

Did any of these hoods fit right to begin with?

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

I can't answer if they fit in the beginning, I wasn't around. But the restore jobs I have done always started out with working the fit from the radiator on back. The radiator hasn't any wiggle room but the rest of the car can be schemed or finagled to get the best fit. Just my way of doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Don is correct. Start at the radiator and work backwards. Doing it in reverse isn't successful.
Only cars restored in that sequence have a reasonable / excellent fitting hood and the factory fit was woeful.
Alan in Western Australia

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration