Intake and exhaust manifolds color

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Intake and exhaust manifolds color
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

I am taking the vaporizer off of my 27 roadster. It is hard to start and runs rich. I am putting a NH holley carb and a new intake and exhaust manifold on it. Getting the new carb and manifolds from langs. I don't have a book that tells the correct colors of the manifolds. I would like to have them powder coated,if the colors are available at my powder coating shop. Thanks in advance for the information and advise. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

The cast iron intake manifold would be black. As far as I know, Ford didn't paint the exhaust manifold. I do. I use a $20 half pint cast iron gray paint good to, I think, 1200 degrees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

I'm responding to this just so it gets bumped up, please do not consider me a reliable source for this. While painting my 26/27 engine, I was under the impression that the intake manifold was black and the exhaust manifold was a natural steel or iron finish.

I sprayed both mine with a heat resistant iron color and like the way they turned out. But I know not T correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

I wouldn't try powder coating on an exhaust manifold - it'll melt off just like its melted on, I suppose :-)

I used heat resistant black spray paint from the local auto supply and it has turned greyish, but no rust in a couple of years, so it's OK with me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration