Chickasha 2016 some more pictures.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chickasha 2016 some more pictures.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

Well I survived another trip to Chickasha. Arrived at just before daylight Wednesday as usual. The amount of vendors was down some, but still a very good swap meet. I sold a ton and bought 2 tons :-) (as usual). I picked up a few pre sales items and delivered the Reliable Dayton I recently sold to another fourum member to be transported to Southern California in the same trailer that Don Langs new car was brought from Southern California in. Ill start the pics off with Don Langs new toy.... but first a pic showing when to arrive at Chickasha.

Just before daylight on set up day...
before daylight

Don Langs new speedster (I use the term speedster loosely as it is a full fledge period correct hot rod)

I will post some more photos tomorrow, after I get some rest. It may take a couple days to post them all.... It was nice to see so many of the forum bunch and a lot of old friends. ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

I'd say Mr Lang has got some real talent. WOW,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Michael, this car was bought by Don as-is. It is supposed to have run at Murrock dry lakes in the 40s. Don is still researching the original history of the car. It is an incredible survivor car....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

Michael, Don Lang bought the speedster, I picked it up in Monrovia and took it to Chickasha. I have more pictures, when I get home i will post hem. My camera is not attached to my iPad. My grandson tells me that I am still in the 20th Century..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Well I'll rephrase then; Mr Lang has got a real beauty of a car. Is there an outside chance some of the recorded runs may still have some documentation available? How great it would be to find such a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Tony/Don, I thought I recognised the speeo swivel as a Corbin unit, and the speedo would suggest the same. However, the only Corbin swivels I have ever seen have slot headed blanking plugs on each half, to allow assembly of the unit, and to add grease to lubricate it. That one has grease nipples fitted. If you are looking closely at it some time, see if there is evidence that this may be a customer made alteration.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:24 am:

Ignition switch looks like 1920's GM sorta like the one on my Buick, Very Nice :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:29 am:

There's something I've never seen before: A Model T with an altimeter? I guess that thing can really fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Here are some more of the Chickasha 2016 pictures. Im not going to try and name everyone in the photos. Ill try some of the names, but Im not good at remembering peoples names.... There may be some duplicates of the pictures from other threads, but this is what I have ... :-)

Derek keifer (on left) A nice younger man who seems to had a blast at the swap meet. For all the "doom and gloomer" folks who say there are no young guns coming into the hobby. I saw several younger T folks at the meet.

My friend Mark Daniels, aka the "Junkmeister", (one of the guys who go to the meet with me), bought me this lovely Model T treasure. but it backfired on him as he had to help me get it. :-) :-)

Robs Model K. This is how it always was, with a big crowd around it..

Some old man I saw there :-)

#394 Two Lever 2015 Stynoski winner .........

A correct intake and carb for a Model A RAJO. The head was also there, no valve cover, pushrods, or rockers. (sorry I can not find the pic of the head). I thought a little high priced at 3500 dollars. Im pretty sure it went home with him...

1911 Hudson

Steve Jelf, Mallory Hillhouse, Terry Woods (left to right)

Final load up on Friday. We were not the last out, but almost the last.

Ill post a few pics of the treasures later :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Tony Bowker and myself doing the transfer of the 1908 Reliable Dayton Highwheeler shipping. Im in the white shirt. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Donnie - at the risk of ruining my day, I'll ask anyways: do you recall what the price was on the TT running gear that is pictured on the flatbed with the roadster pickup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Wow!!! Thank you for all the pictures!! That 31 A roadster looked like a bargain to me! Bud in Wheeler Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Ron the TT chassis was being offered at $3500. It had a Chicago overdrive transmission- seemed like a great deal.

Here's another shot of it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Thanks for the pics of the 1910 coupe. I had asked for a couple when it was posted it would be there along with #394 but none ever got posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:02 am:

I bet that guy with the airplane engine had a lot of buyers for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Ron, The asking price was 3500 as Royce mentioned. I thought it was a good deal as it was in nice condition and had new rear tires and the Chicago trans. I posted the pics of my treasures I found, on Royces thread about what did you get at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Donnie, those are great pictures. Thanks for taking the time. The HD sidecar and Speedster body were particularly nice to see.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Wish I could have gone. Looks like this was the year of the fuel tanker TT's. Haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Jared, I did not get a photo of it, but there was also a very nice tank for a TT Tanker there that had "Signal Corp" cast into the top filler castings. Would have been great for a WW1 era army tanker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Davis, Orleans VT on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

Great pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Wow the Dayton is neat!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Royce, Donnie - thanks! I missed that in the other post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

I need that radial engine for a motorbike idea I am toying with:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Ed, the pictured motor was probably 2' larger than the motorcycle you posted. You would have to ride on your tippy toes to see over it. BUT WHAT A WILD RIDE it would be!!!! MG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Donnie, are you just being modest???? Where are the pictures for the frosting for your speedster? MG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

Here's a few more pics:

And lastly, my treasued finds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Maybe the reason Don Lang's new speedster has an altimeter is because the original builder intended to do the Pile's Peak climb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

Mallory. Here is a link to Royces thread "what did you find at Chickasha" I posted the stuff I bought on it. (Im to lazy to repost them here) The speedster goodies are shown there. They are the Rajo 4 valve head, the Rajo motometer, and the picture of the friction shocks and misc items I may need. Me being modest. You must have me mistaken with someone else ... :-) :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/625164.html?1458493263

(Message edited by dobro1956 on March 20, 2016)

(Message edited by dobro1956 on March 20, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:06 am:

No one has shown a picture of the rain on Friday morning.

The sky really opened, thunder, lightening and all that stuff. Not something this California transplant is use to these days......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Tony, Hope the trip back to Southern California went well. After the morning rain, everything cleared off for our trip back to Arkansas... I think Terry Woods caught the brunt of the bad weather and driving conditions going back to Texas...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Interesting, Don's 'new' car has a Dodge Bros. gas tank with DB mounting brackets holding it onto the T frame. I wonder if it's an early pressurized tank, or if he's using a fuel pump.
Neat pictures, well worth waiting for them to download on dial-up! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Donnie, you must have taken that photo of my trailer after I left for supper on Thursday. I was really happy to find that little gray belt drive cart for a Model T engine. I've had a spare, rebuilt '17 motor sitting on a furniture dolly in my garage and advertised for sale for over a year. Soon, it will sit on that little power cart. I'll set it all up and run it as conversation piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Lots of wonderful pictures! Thank you.
So, did Tony B get the Reliable D?
Again. Thanks all! Glad you had a good time.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

I wonder what that radial engine was from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Wayne. Tony Bowker was just transporting it from Chickasha to a shipper in southern California. It is going into a container to be shipped to Australia to another forum member. Maybe he will update us from time to time when he gets it. I had it over 20 years. But I have decided I can not build all of my projects. So it was time to let it go. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Eric, I have a power unit just like yours, that I took the photo of. If you need any pictures of mine or any measurements for the hood, gas tank or type of governor, let me know. Mine was sold by Montgomery Ward as a "Trail Blazer" trade name. Not really sure who made it for Montgomery Ward ... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 04:27 am:

Ah, well. It should be a wonderful addition to a collection down under then. And I too hope he keeps us informed about its restoration.
I wish I could have been able to afford it. The project I have will just have to be good enough for me. I hope I can live long enough to get it put together.
Thanks Donnie B!
Glad you did well at Chickasha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 06:29 am:

My '17 power unit gets more attention than anything else I bring to shows. I tow it behind one of the doodlebugs and people are just fascinated by it - constant requests for me to start it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

Donnie, please post photos of your power unit on a new post. I'm sure everyone here would love to see it.

My boy is getting all excited about setting ours up for operation. He says we need to use it to power giant ice cream maker like we saw at the Minnesota State Fair a few years ago. I wish I had a photo of that setup. The guy had three or four 20 quart ice cream freezers that he powered with a hit and miss engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 12:34 am:

After we picked up Don Lang's "new"roadster we left it with a friend in OKC and went up to Model T Haven in Gas KS. Below are a few pictures of the 20 acres populated mainly with Model T parts and some restorations.

Fun trip, we visited Steve Jelf on the way back to Chickasha, I didn't know he had a Fordor and a TT under construction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 09:18 am:

http://www.dauntlessgeezer.com/DG52.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Donnie, do you or does anyone recognize what the spoked wheels (grafted to the T hub) came from on your "new" trailer that Mark is towing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Duey, Im not absolutely sure without checking the lug not hole spacing, but I think they are Plymouth/Dodge circa. 1933. My 33 Plymouth used a wheel like that. They were called "the 120" style of wheels for the Plymouth and probably the same for Dodge and Desoto. They were rated to 120 miles per hour. Even though they are wood spoke, they mount just like a regular modern style wheel with 5 lug nuts. The spokes are "sandwiched" between two plates and the lug nuts fit into tapered holes just like a modern wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Thanks for the response!
It's been too long since I've shimmed my own pair around the hubs that I don't exactly remember what those slightly larger plates look like underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 01:12 am:

It's been a long time since I've posted. computer crashed, data lost, changed servers, using Windows 10 but I finally got things going again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 02:38 am:

About time you came back.

Seriously, glad to see you here again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 03:44 am:

Dennis, good to see you back!!! I've been wondering about you. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Dennis,
Yes, it seems like a long time since you posted. Good to have you back.

Donnie,
Thanks for all the great pics...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Dave, you asked about the fuel pump. I could hear the pump clicking when I turned on the ignition, so I would guess the tank is not pressurized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Well,.......!!! There's a name that just jumped right out and slapped me in the face! Welcome back Dennis,....you have been missed indeed! Yeah, we even sorta' missed that "hot rod Rambler" you managed to sneak into the forum once in awhile,....ha ha,.....glad you're back Dennis,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Say,.....Dennis,......you haven't done anything crazy,....like drop a 350 C%*#@&! V8 into the ol' "Maroon Marauder" or anything like that have you? ..... ( ;^)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration