PORTLAND SWAP MEET

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: PORTLAND SWAP MEET
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

As some of you may know, the Portland Swap Meet is less then two weeks away. This year it is being held Friday, Saturday and Sunday April 1st,2nd and 3rd.

I haven't been to this show for a few years now ever since I sold my 36, but plan on going this time around.This used to be quite a big Meet. At one time it was billed as being the second largest in the US behind Hershey. I don't know if that is true today but it sounds good. Anyone else from the forum planing on attending.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 01:13 am:

I'll be there all weekend just looking for treasures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 01:31 am:

I will be in Hall A selling treasures! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 01:51 am:

I will be there at the HCCA booth in Hall D. Be sure to stop by and say, "Hi."

Does anyone need anything in particular?

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:01 am:

Money...............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:05 am:

1923 TOURING
I need a rear seat pan/base for my project. I need the one that fits with the rear seat steel pillars.
Thank you-Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald L Babb - Tacoma, WA on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

If a person only went one day, would Saturday be best or ??

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Ronald,in my opinion Friday would be the best as the selection of parts are not as picked over as they are on Saturday and Sunday. That being said, I have found treasures on both Saturday and Sunday too.

If it's like it used to be it's a large show and takes a few hours to see it all. It's well worth the trip any day you are free.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

By the way, any who read this and plan to attending, I'm looking for a matched set of 1925 Washington State licence plates in either, good unrestored or restored condition. I have a pair of restored 1925 Oregon to trade or I can purchase the plates outright.

PM me for my cell phone number if you have a spare pair of 1925 WA plates and want to work something out. We could meet up at the show. I'll be there Friday only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 12:21 am:

There's a guy in Hall A that has plates. He is by the concession stand. That's where he has been in the past and a good number of regular vendors like to stay in the the same place so their regular customers can find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Charles,

Are you aware of the Old License Plate Farm ? I got plates for both my 25 and 26 from
Bjorn and had him restore them. I can give you a POC if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

I will be coming over from Madras on Wednesday for the swap meet at Portland International Raceway that runs from Thursday thru Saturday that is right next to the swap meet at the Expo. If you haven't been to the PIR meet, it is all outdoor and does have a fair amount of T stuff. It is hard to do both meets in 1 day. Hope to see some of you guys there. Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Mark, thanks for the tip concerning the Licence Plate Vendor in Hall A, I'll definitely check him out.

Burger, If I don't have any luck finding the plates that I need at the Swap Meet I'll be contacting you so I can get in touch with Old Licence Plate Farm. Thank you!

Dennis, I forgot about the "Annex" Thanks for reminding everyone! You're right, it's a real chore to take in everything. I may have to go Saturday as well.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 11:03 am:

The Annex (PIR) is not part of the Portland Swap Meet, it's a separate venue that runs on the same weekend. It was part of the Portland Swap Meet for the first couple of years ONLY after it started. Paying to get in one does not get you into the other. Just a head up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Thanks Mark, I forgot about that. Can't wait for the fun to start!

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Anyone remember when the swap meet was held above Powel book store or in a warehouse in Beaverton? Or am I talking about a swap meet different then the Portland swap meet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Before my time messing around with T and such but have heard about it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration