What did you find at Chickasha?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What did you find at Chickasha?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:57 am:

I did not pay for this at Chickasha but it got delivered there by Kim Dobbins. My biggest, and certainly heaviest item that came home.

A Mosler plug from 1909 - 1911 is a hard thing to find. This one should clean up nicely. Mosler and Soot Proof were the two main suppliers to Ford prior to 1912:

Don Lang had this NOS cast iron small pulley on his table until I saw it:

Wally Szumuski sold me a NH Straight thru body with good threads and decent condition:

Picked up a box full of Stewart speedometer stuff including four cables, some brackets and a 1913 swivel:

Mark Fleishhacker (Yes it is harder to spell than Szumuski) of Total Recoil sold me two rewound coils, this one and a 1913-14 double stacked unit.

Mel Draper makes these lovely all brass Prestolite B-tank brackets. Had to buy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:00 am:

For some reason the photo of the coil didn't stick. Try again:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Royce:

Are you sure that the motor pulley you have pictured is cast iron. According to my research Ford never used a cast iron pulley on even the earliest T's. I bought a repro cast iron pulley many years ago and was told it was correct for early T's but that was before I looked at the archival info. So far as I know the pulley was always just made of steel. Before we had the archival info there were a fair number of false assumptions about things that were found on early motors and then copied and sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:09 am:

John,

If that is true then I like the repros better than the originals. It is indeed cast iron, not stamped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Royce, love the B-tank brackets. Expensive? And how does one contact Mel Draper?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Marti,

I felt they were a bargain at $90 a pair. I think Mel's contact info is on the vendor page of this club's web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Here are a few of my buys

3 accessory radiators

some interesting literature
literature

Chicago parts trans had very good gears but case is broken.
chicago

Here is a RAJO 4 valve Model A head and all the goodies I got from Terry Woods. It was a pre sale delivered to me at Chickasha. The only thing I have to say bad about the deal from Terry is that the Pizza box had felt pads in it instead of Pizza. Terry, next time, make sure to bring the Pizza... :-) :-)
rajo1

rajo2

rajo3

rajo4

Stan Howe rebuilt Stromberg OE-1 carb that came with the RAJO
oe1

NOS aftermarket non-Ford tool kit

Model T wagon conversion

Another pre sale delivered to Chickasha item. I have never seen a RAJO motometer. The dog bone was bought at Chickasha for the motometer.
mm

mm2

some non T items

Some goodies for the speedster project

some Champion X plugs. were 2.00 each
x

some misc. plugs, all were less than 5.00 each
misc plugs

An "Air Friction" hat or lapel pin ??. It is a little smaller than a dime. Never saw one before so I had to have it.
af

af2

That is about it for me. I had a good time and met up with lots of forum members as well as old friends. priceless .... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Cool stuff. Donnie, Terry has had that carb for awhile. I'm using different gaskets these days because I had some problems with those white ones softening in the new fuels. If you have problems with it weeping around the gaskets send it back and I'll update it at no charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

wow! a rajo moto meter! i am jealous

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

I had a good trip and found an original 1925 frame,complete with brackets for my roadster/pick up project. Also picked up 4 NOS brake rods,some top bows ,and FOUR DIFFERENT tIMERS FOR MY WALL HANGERS. I THINK THERE WILL BE 34 OR SO UP THERE NOW.Sorry for caps/I'm tired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Royce-
I think that coil checker came out of the Fred Lau Collection.

You guys had some great finds. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Someday...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I bought a Ruckstell with 3:1s and a Waukesha Ricardo head for my gow-job, a 21" spare carrier for my 25 Touring, and the Lizzie shriners go kart for the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

I came home with the following:

Sept 1916 and Feb 1917 engine blocks
Very usable high speed TT gear set.

Early pair of spring perches, cast iron timer, front cover with short oil snout, and a start to Ford script tool collection.
A pre-Ford script and a later front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

Stan, I still have the other OE-1 carb that you did for me before the one that I sold to Donnie. Will you update the gaskets in it if I send it to you?

Also, I missed you at meet. I played your CD all the way up and back. I think I heard it about three times just while I was sitting in traffic in Fort Worth !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:22 am:

That would probably be a good idea. Some of those white gaskets worked well and some got a little soft in the Ethanol gas. Send it and I'll switch the gaskets out and check it over and send it back.

Thanks for the compliment on the CD. I had planned to go to LaGrange -- north of Austin -- for the festival, then to the Texas Steel Guitar convention in Dallas on Saturday, back to Chickasha for the swap meet and then to Brady for the Heart of Texas Records annual Festival and Anniversary show this past weekend. I knew tons of people playing in LaGrange -- Kristyn Harris, Tony Booth, Jake Hooker, Darryl McCall -- and of course Bobby produced the CD and he and I played fiddles on it.

But I had a couple people screaming at me about carburetors and decided I needed to stay home and take care of business instead of running off to Texas for over a week.

I sure wish I could have been there. I am getting too old to keep putting things off until next year.

You also asked before about a new CD. I am not playing much and still don't have this one all paid for and printed and distributed so it will be awhile before I do another one if I ever do. But listen for me on the radio in Texas starting in May, we should be on a lot of the Internet shows and some of the broadcast stations. I'm also hoping to book some more shows down there next fall and winter -- have a couple tentative but none for sure. I'll let you know if I am playing anywhere around Houston. I'd love to go back to the Chandelier in north Houston, it's a great venue and one of the best places I ever played.

Sorry about the thread drift. Back to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Just a tad more thread drift....

"I sure wish I could have been there. I am getting too old to keep putting things off until next year."

For me it is not age (I'm only 61) but health issues and I hear that admonition to "Do it now" more and more often.

Back to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Donnie Brown, I sent you a PM. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration