Chickasha Photos: Thursday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chickasha Photos: Thursday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Donnie and I shot some of the same subjects, so they're well covered. :-)

La Salle

The rustic look of Kirk Hill's roadster and trailer may fool you. The car starts easily on the first pull and runs beautifully.

1929 De Soto

David Baker always brings interesting items for show & tell. Here's an accessory roadster trunk.

The interesting thing is that it folds out to make a pickup bed.

This looks even worse that the new ones.

A customized 1915.

A very unusual 1913 woody town car.

Shocks on a T chassis.

1937 Ford 60hp midget

The Pneuflex tire is a rare item.

Getting loaded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Any one else have photos of the Woody Towncar or know who owns it
-Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

The wood town car was built by a guy who lived in northern Kentucky. It is interesting but crude up close. I took some pictures of it 10 - 15 years ago at the builder's house. I don't think there are many, if any, 1913 parts on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Royce,
No hurry,but when you get time can you look up the photos you took 10-15 years ago and send them to me

I remember a man in Northern KY having one the looked like that.his name escapes me now

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Royce,
I looked up our Old Towncar Club Roster and this car was Owned by Tom Currin in Villa Hills,KY he bought it off John Herring who built the body,apparently even the Fenders and Splash Pans were made of Wood.
Still would like to see more photos and know if he still owns it or who the present Owner is!

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

The 1913 Towncar was offered for sale by Jim McCullough at Chickasha ---Does anyone have contact information on him?

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

That was one of the two cars I saw like that, with the sign placed so you couldn't see the phone number. Helluva way to sell a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Hmm, that '30 sport coupe, the Belt moldings, windshield frame & visor should be Elkpoint Green and the landau irons have been swapped from side to side (the arms curve the wrong way because they're on the wrong sides!). That part can be fixed easily, the paint not so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

On Thursday evening I had the option of two places to visit, either the Davis bicycle collection or the Boulton HCCA Auto collection. This year I chose a meal at an Italian Restaurant in OKC followed by the Boulton Collection.
The cars are quite superb, last time I visited there was a 1910 T but I didn't see it this year. This is a random selection of pictures I took, no order or preference but the Pierce Town Car was breathtaking....

I brought a High Wheeler back for a friend in Oz and thought I would share a few photos.

Fun event but a loooonng drive from San Diego

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 03:57 am:

Thanks Steve, and all of the other guys that posted pictures. I really wanted to go this year, but just couldn't get it done.(: As far as I'm concerned, the show and meeting people is worth the trip, even if I can't find anything, which has never happened!:-) Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration