Getting ready to paint

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Getting ready to paint
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:43 am:

Hi folks, Iam just about ready to paint my 26-7 model T roadster pickup canadian bullt.Could some one please tell me which p
body parts where painted black.and is the dash panel painted body colour or is it painted black.Many thanks hope you can help.
cheers Gerryde.(NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 06:01 am:

If it's a '26, you're safe painting everything black. If it's a '27 then everything except the fenders, running boards, and splash shields would be that color too. Windscreen and top irons would be black. If your radiator shell is not nickeled, then it's black regardless of body color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 07:17 am:

The body, dash panel and hood was painted body color. The fenders, running boards, splash aprons and the radiator apron was black. The radiator shell could be black painted steel or nickeled brass. The chassis was black and the engine block was also black for 1926 and maybe part way into 1927 model year. The last 1927 engines were painted a slightly darker green than the std. Model A engine color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 08:52 am:

I can't edit what I typed too quickly this morning. I should have said:

If it's a '27 then it can be one of the colors and then everything except...

Everything I've read says the open cars made in North America during the '26 model year were black until mid year presumably when the '27 year was introduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Hi Folks,many thanks for your replys,now i can go ahead and start too paint,the body of my pickup is going to be maroon and it has a nickel radiator suround.I have to move quickly now as we will be coming into winter soon .Once again many thanks ,this forum has helped me many times ,you are a great help thankyou.Cheers Gerryde.(NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Gerry, sorry to here your just coming into winter. We are just getting out of winter except for the 7-10 inches of snow predicted for Wednesday. Really looking forward to Spring!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration