Wood kit on 1920 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wood kit on 1920 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOb Nance on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:35 am:

Hello, I have a 20 roadster barn find with bad wood, I am a pretty good mechanic, can I do the wood by plans on this car? the kits are pretty expensive at over 2K, is this a good idea an where can I get some plans,, thanks for any input in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Bob, have you checked fordwood in utah? They make the wood kits less than the suppliers. I have their wood in my '20 runabout. If you want to make your own everynow and then a set of Mel Miller plans come up for sale. Good luck and remember fit the wood to the metal not the other way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Leon Parker from Benton, Kentucky has wood plans he will sell - you can contact him through his member profile: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=leon_parker-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Bob sent you a PM. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

And if you do buy a wood kit just remember that the wood kit will have to have some fit up. It just wont drop into place.
The reason is that Ford used up to 4-5 body makers to make and build the bodies.

The sheet metal is pretty much the same but some of the body builders sheet metal has a few minor variations.

Good advice from George V. also about fitting up the wood to the metal FIRST and get the right fit up then start putting the metal together.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration