TT truck tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT truck tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

There was a TT truck tour in Seguin Texas this past Sunday.
There were 7 trucks and 4 T cars on the tour.
We all went to the river for a flat boat ride and of course the usual restaurant for lunch. We did a little driving around, but not to much as the TT trucks are slow. A good time was had by ALL.
Opps, that last picture was not a TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

TT trucks must not be popular
No comments to this posting at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Willie - on the contrary! I enjoyed the post, miss my C cab and am STILL (after 2+ years) looking for a decent TT running gear here in New England to use as a yard vehicle.

Thank you for posting the pictures!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Sorry for the slow response! My first time on here today.
That third picture may not be TT, it is DD. Double donkeys.
I like T trucks. Often wish I still had mine from thirty years ago. I often think about getting another one, but I have more projects now than I think I can live to finish.
I do like to see you, your sons, Burger, and others driving and using their TTs!
Do drive carefully, and ENJOY! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Willie, It would be nice if you could post a picture of each of the 7 trucks on the tour. We just don't see enough TT pictures... :-(

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

I just now saw the post on TT trucks also. Someday I hope to get one to add to my stable of Model T cars. I just figured that if you started a TT truck tour on Sunday that you wouldn't be home yet so I didn't have to respond because you would still be chugging down the highway! :-) and your tour was only 5 miles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

I think my car is the only one I did not get a good pitcher off. There is one more clear picture I have, here it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Wish I lived closer, my TT would fit right in with that bunch. Looks like a good day. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

I did have a TT truck at the tour, not a car as I said above.
I do own a favorite 1924 TT that my dad bought new in 1924. I will try to post a picture of it.
It was also the truck was stolen inside a covered trailer, but I guess the thief did not like what was inside the trailer and left it sit along side road neat the local airport.
Sorry, the computer did not like the picture size

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

TT trucks are just sick and wrong and no one wants to see that kind of mess ! :-)

I took mine out yesterday and developed a no-fire issue on cylinders 1 and 3. I
happened to be in Hutch the Magician's neighborhood and he stuffed some of his
world famous, super hot coils in it, but it was still misbehaving, so I limped the old
dog home and we'll get to it this week or next. Currently focused on the new engine
build for it and the stand-in powerplant may take a back seat to getting the original
built for some TT go-fast action ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Burger, I am sorry you do not like TT trucks' but I know that everybody does not have good taste.
Sorry you are one of the people with bad taste.
My first T was a truck in about 1958 and I had a lot of fun with it and it probably caused me to buy the other mess of T cars, trucks and parts I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

I want my next to be a TT. I think when I see one how did it make it all of these years. I appreciate them for what they are and what they must have done over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Willie, i believe Burger was being facetious in his remarks if you took the time to look closely enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 21, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Willie, you are so right. Not only do I have bad taste, but I only like those bad taste TT trucks. Cars are for sissies ! :-)

I take my mess out and force an unsuspecting public to see it every chance I get !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 04:43 am:

Burger, you should meet Diogenes. He would possibly be pleased to meet you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 07:49 am:

It's good to see TT pics I love those trucks I own two myself
Thanks for the pics Willie
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 08:12 am:

The Powers truck was a quarter mile down the road from me, but I never saw it until after Bill Powers died and it went to Texas. Besides my 1924 TT project, I know of one other local TT. But I bet there are others I don't know about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 08:52 am:

I love my TT. It's slow, rides rough, and won't fit in my garage, but I would never part with it. I keep it in my buddy Ricky Williams' barn, parked beside his TT that has a Weaver Auto Crane on the back. We have talked about trying to organize a TT tour, maybe only trying to do 25 or 30 miles, but that's not like organizing a car tour. It's a lot of work to get a vehicle ready for a tour, load it on a trailer, and haul it to the starting point. Unless you are lucky enough to have several TTs in close proximity, how do you attract enough interest to get enough trucks for a decent tour? Now that I think about it, I guess we already have enough. How often do you see two TTs going down the road together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 08:52 am:

more pics:

Shoulda been there. Maybe next year.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Wayne, ... I think I saw him at Applebees.

Dennis, ... TT tour ? All it takes is one !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

Love the post and TT's, was out of town. Just saw the post, well done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Very nice bunch of TT's!!! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Jungmeyer on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Thanks for posting. Great to see these trucks! I'm just now starting to restore my great grandpa's 26' TT. It's still in the barn where he parked it in 1943 but I'm getting ready to move it to my garage in the next few weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Welcome to the affliction Brandon J! Having a T or TT that belonged to your grandfather is a special thing. Lots of good advice available on this forum. Probably a little local help also, but not from me, I am near the farther coast.
How about some pictures when you get it home?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 01:16 am:

What Wayne said right above, Brandon! That TT is gonna infiltrate your blood...... :-) You ever driven a T (TT)? If not.
Yeehaw! We NEED pics!
My good friend takes his '25 TT on a tour around McCloud lake out in the country outside his city of 62 souls, hes the mayor.... I slack on mechanicing duties on his Ford...
A ten mile tour, he figures.
Sometimes, imbibing is required/requested. Good gentle fun out in the country. I really need to get freshened bands in his truck (and brake rods), license back on my crappy runabout and then I can legally tour with him too. Drive 11 miles and tour another ten? Perfect.
Great photos! Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Jungmeyer on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

I can't wait to get started on it. Here are some pics after I "cleaned" it up after removing 70 plus years of junk that was put in it.1926 TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

A neat old truck. It will turn a lot of heads with all that patina! Just get it running and drive as is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

That's a near identical truck to my 26, except mine has a little more paint on it.
Your's reminds me of the one I found as a kid on Miller's farm, just waiting in the
shed for the next apple harvest that would never come. I love it ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Man I am jealous of you Brandon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:31 am:

I'd love to have a TT to mid-30s Ford truck for hauling my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:58 am:

To support the double tees and Willie, they are special. I especially like the steel cab door slammers as I call them. My 25tt moved ok in this condition in the picture. It did leak in places that shouldn't. It is about restored/preserved. They don't have to be slow if I am right about a few of them out there.ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:10 am:

David, I guess I missed the point of your posting.
Why would you want to haul a speedster on a TT??
A speedster is much faster to drive than haul on a slower TT truck.
Yes, there are ways to speed up the TT, but the end result is most of the time slower than a speedster???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:53 am:

1938 Ford COE on a late model F-350 chassis would be my idea of a "Racer Hauler" ! One of these days ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

SuuuuWEET! Nice truck Brandon!
Even up on blocks....
Didja get the motometer with the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Dont have a TT, but they are all kinds of awesome.

Vince M

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration