Fake Response

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fake Response
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 09:18 am:

I advertised for a pair of Budd wire wheel hubs last week and got a fake response from a Jim Webb in a non existent town in Georgia.

He uses a name of Jimwebb@yahoo.com Just a warning his message contained the usually fractured English.

Even though my ad was very direct and clear he wanted a list of my needs and he was sure to fill them.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 09:53 am:

I have a want ad in the classifieds here for a Mulit-Ford head and got two bogus replies.
Here's the last one.

hello Jay i have a ford engine i am currently dismantling and i am willing to part with the iron head for $280 can be used on valves with standard lift cam or an engine with a Stipe 280 cam asking price includes shipping and insurance, whats your complete shipping address,

Regards Ray

Hello Mate,

contacting you with respect to your ad, let me know if you still need the above and i will get back to you.

Many Thanks,

Ray

1503 Hogan Ct
Laredo, TX 78045

I asked for a photo and this is what was sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Wow Jay, that head should flow really well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Hmmm...b-car guy..now you got me to thinking..(dangerous I know)...I just got an email response to an ad I have in the Intl. site for the sidelight I'm looking for... "jb520161@gmail.com"...he reiterated my ad description verbatum...no doubt another fake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Should work w/a few minor adjustments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 11:55 am:

I got the same response to an add in the AACA site. My add was specific and included pictures and part numbers for what I was looking for. Either the response was fake, or someone has terrible reading comprehension skills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

The AACA site is currently down.

I don't know whats' going on over there - they have had software issues since changing their hosting platform.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

AACA got hack/spammed by the Koreans a couple weeks ago. They are currently upgrading to a new level of programming and are up and down chasing new bugs out. They were completely down for a couple days, patched around the hack for about a week, and now upgrading.

Thank you Chris for all you do for us! I am glad, however, you don't have to get their thousand people sending complaints to you. Some of their viewers were getting nasty and not reading the many threads explaining the situation. One of their administrators finally told one of them off.
Anyway, just passing this along.
Again, thank you Chris!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration