OT - help finding contact info for magneto vendor at Chickasha?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - help finding contact info for magneto vendor at Chickasha?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Does anyone have the name and/or contact info for the gentleman selling magnetos in the north building at Chickasha? His space was along the east wall on the east wing of the building, about where Tom Rootliieb used to be.
Thanks for any info,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Was it RV Anderson or Mark Fleischaker, (a.k.a. Total Recoil)?

I wasn't there but those are 2 distinct possibilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Or maybe you didn't mean Model T magnetos???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

Jerry,
In the other "wing" of the building east of R.V.'s booth. The vendor had early rebuilt 4 and 6 cyl Bosch Z and D mags. We have one with our K and after leaving OK I wished I had considered buying a spare.
Our K has a Holley-Huff (original) but it needs a part cast so will be out of commission for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Rob, Back in my Hit and Miss days there was a guy named Marks Mag service. He was real good with any kind of mag

http://www.ironmemories.com/business/marks-magneto-service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Thanks Will. I'm trying to contact this particular vendor because he had a brass Bosch ZR-6 for sale. It was a counterclockwise mag but I think they can be reversed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Is there a vendor list published with a map of the show grounds? Perhaps if you contact the folks who hold the event they can tell you who they rented the booth space to.

See Rob it's hell when you get old and can't remember isn't it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 12:18 am:

Denny,
You know it! What were we talking about? :-)

This is what our mag, and those on the table at Chickasha look like. Early brass Bosch mag:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 12:34 am:

Hoping you find your guy Rob. :-)

The Bosch mag on my 4 cyl, twin cam, 16 valve and 340 cube engined Twin City tractor (from 1928-Way Later) makes it quite obvious that it can be operated in both directions on the the large timing gear inside. It says AC (anti clockwise)on one part of the gear. Babble stopped here.

You'll get that brass ZR-6! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 03:01 am:

Rob
We just had Mark's Magneto rebuild that same Bosch mag for our 09 Renault. Only difference I can see is our Renault is a 4 cyl. By the way it's a 470 cu.in 4 cyl, hand cranked, monster! Mark also rebuilt the Bosch dash coil. He does excellent work.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Thanks guys. I called the swap meet organizers, and one name they gave me of a vendor on that wall was Gary Page.

As it turns out, they don't have a phone number for Gary, and I would like to call him to see if he knows who had the table of mags next to his space. If anyone has Gary's contact info, please p.m. or email me direct, rob4holly(at sign)hotmail.com

As it turns out, Gary and I now know each other:

My new friend, Gary, seated beside me on Wednesday...... (no good deed shall go unrewarded)

:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration