Gas tank mounting for 25 sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Gas tank mounting for 25 sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

would someone kindly post some pics of the gas tank / seat arrangement for the 25 tudor? I know the tanks fits the seat, but what is the location or seat measurement from the door, and front firewall to be used. If someone could post a pic of the underside of the car looking up it would be greatly appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Craig, do these help any? It's a little fuzzy under there. This car was re-wooded as close as possible to correct. I can take more if needed.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Perfect, and most thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Morse on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Craig, I'm going through the same process you are right now with my '24 and can try to get you some measurements if you end up needing them.

Richard, the tudor I've viewed/photo'd/documented/measured to help me with my project didn't have any wood beneath the fuel tank. Is that original on yours or something you added? I can add it now if needed, which is why I ask.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Mike I would guess by the cut out in the floor that there was wood under the seat. My lower seat section has a flange where it appears to have been screwed down to something. I also added a floor section under the tank/seat .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Mike, that is a good question. My patterns had the
recess as did the Body Book photo so I assumed there would be a board there to give the tank extra support. With it in there the tank still has more than 1/2" clearance with the cross strap and lip in the top of the seat frame. Couldn't hurt but I don't know if it is original.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Morse on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Thanks guys. I already have the recess there so it won't take much to add some wood there and leave a hole for the sediment bulb to stick down through. I sure would have loved to have had that picture of the skeleton about 4 or 5 years ago! Great stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

Those Body photos sure helped me. Out of 3 bodies there was barely enough good wood to make guesses. Take some pictures of your wood before covering it up if you can.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Morse on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Rich, I've taken quite a few pics, but probably not enough. Here's the latest...

Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration