Any Model T Snow Plows Photographs ? Doodlebug style

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any Model T Snow Plows Photographs ? Doodlebug style
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 11:42 am:

DOes anyone remove snow with a Model T ? Photographs ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Chris Olsen posted this picture on one of last year's doodlebug threads. Picture was taken in the late 60s I think. None of mine are set up for plowing snow, buy I think Chad plowed with his this winter. Hopefully he has some pictures to add.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Not a doodlebug, but a monster:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Ok - so who has a T plow? I have a friend here in town that has one but I have not seen another in person. If you have one - how did you overcome the traction issue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Not quite a stock T, but the T doodle bug is fun to play with in some snow.

The plow is totally manual and operator driven. I built the entire setup minus the plow blade which I bought off craigslist. Some people think it must be very heavy to lift the plow, I tell them to try it and they are pleasantly surprised how easy I made it. I have different adjustment holes in all the levers, the easier it is, the lower you can lift. It gets a little harder to lift it higher when i change the settings, but still isn't bad at all. I am a little limited on my settings, I could probably refine it all a little better as it was all trial and error.

As far as traction, it has a TT rear axle which weighs alot, steel 16" wheels and 8-16 AG tires, so it has the rear weight, but what really immensely helped was the tire chains.

Looking forward to a little snow this year, we were very limited last year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration