OT Speed kills

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Speed kills
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

I got a laugh out of this and had to share.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

I need that speedometer for my 72 Superbeetle. Except I need it to start at 35mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

:-):-):-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Speed does not kill!

I repeat. Speed does not kill.

It is the stop that does the damage!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

When a modern too closely follows my Nellie, they get that message too....slow the **^% down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Thanks Steve, i needed that laugh!
Looks exactly like what I would put on something of mine.
I do know if I get my zero turn mower on asphalt and go to fast, the front wheels get to doing the death wobble but it has no speedometer on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Around 1970 my '65 VW developed a "death wobble". The dealership added a steering damper. On a model T replacing the front end bushings will solve the problem.

The fix shown won't work on a stock model T for two reasons:

1. no spedometer
  2. what stock model T goes 45-100 mph?

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration