My T Turns 100 today!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My T Turns 100 today!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

My 1916 Canadian Touring turns 100 today. I will spend the day with it at a charity function allowing people to be photographed in it and hopefully making donations to the Royal Childrens Hospital. When the day is over, I will enjoy a bottle of celebratory bubbly and maybe even pour a drop in the T's radiator. Model T's are great cars and the hobby is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Happy birthday! what is the brass thing under the sidelight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Congrats Warwick! A great way to celebrate a special milestone with your car. Ya know...Alky may not be a new thing to some of our T radiators!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Congratulations on your Model T's 100 birthday!

Are you the original buyer? :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Congrats! Enjoy the day with her! Can't wait till my 20 turns 100...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Paul, that is a cowl vent. Very handy for letting in a little bit of extra air!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 06:39 am:

Hi Warwick. Great to see you and Dad with the T!
So much history there. The cars, hobby are people involved are better than great, more like fantastic!
Happy Easter.
Alan & Julie in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Congratulations, Warwick! _Oh, there is a definite satisfaction experienced when your car crosses that 100-year threshold. _It's an exclusive club. _Now, here's something you can do to commemorate the occasion:

Regardless of whether you're a member, get in touch with the Horseless Carriage Club of America and register for their "Century Plaque Program." _You'll find the pertinent website here:

http://www.hcca.org/CenturyPlaques/index.html

Even though the HCCA is about cars built no later than 1915, they have recently established a policy of providing these plaques for ANY car 100 years of age or older—and that goes for non-HCCA members, too. _So register and be the first kid on your block to receive your brass Century Plaque!

The Horseless Carriage Club charges a measly five bucks for the expense of producing the plaques and shipping them, but it's really a non-profit effort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:55 am:

I can understand if a person would want to put something like this on his firewall, but why? If you know the year of the car, and can do basic math, you know the car is 100, or over 100. One of my cars has several holes in the firewall from plaques that were placed on it, and removed by a former owner. I haven't had a chance to replace the firewall yet, because John Regan won't make any more, so I'll live with it. Maybe I should buy one of these to cover up the holes in my firewall?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Funny you should mention that, Larry. _I also felt very reluctant to drill unnecessary holes in my car, so instead, I mounted the plaque to my toolbox.

No reason that shouldn't work with accordion luggage racks and other add-on or aftermarket accessories, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:18 am:

Thank the Lord, a hundred years on that Ford !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

Thanks Bob. I was wondering what to give the car as a present? I will do the same and mount it on the tool box lid. I was thinking of you today(people and funny hats)I took a heap of pictures of young kids in the T today at a charity function.
Check out this link. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10205896494836294&id=137647922 0&notif_t=like
Warwck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Warwick,

The Facebook link didn't work. _Would you please post an updated link? _Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Congratulations Warwick, hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day of celebration that also benefited a great cause.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

There's no need to drill holes to fit such things. A good dab of black silicone on the back, and a piece of masking tape to hold it in place if mounting on a vertical surface, and it will stay there, with no holes drilled. I have a metal door in my workshop with all sorts of rally badges affixed in this way.

Hope this saves some drilling.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:41 am:

congrats Warwick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration