O/T Charlotte Auto Fair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: O/T Charlotte Auto Fair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Does anyone on the forum go to the swap meet at Charlotte NC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

Last time I was there, I could put all the T parts in the back of a pickup. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

That's what you should do is put all the T parts in the back of your pick up! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

I've been there a few times. Once in a while there will be a street rodder who has ruined a T selling the stuff he stripped off. Otherwise, mostly late model Mustang and Camaro stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Last time I was there was 1982. Just got a new pick up. A lot of '41 Mercury parts. I was restoring a '41 Merc. at the time. Not many T parts then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:14 am:

I go every spring but the T parts have gotten very sparse, lucky for me I can still find parts for my 62 Ranchero and my 51 Ford pickup. I can also find a lot of machine tools which is another of my hobbies. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 05:58 am:

I go every year, not much in the way of T parts, but you do find some. Great for tools, abrasives, trailer tie-dns and accessories. also GREAT car corral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

I have not been since April of 2006. I had laid around all winter unable to drive because of my accident and that was the first place I was able to drive to the day after I was given clearance to drive. I was weak and felt bad. Handicap parking literally was 3/4 of a mile from the gate. Due to 9-11 golf carts were not allowed. I had bought a couple things and walked all day with them. I literally tried to flag down a couple club members that put on the show to ask for some help and they stomped the go pedal and looked away. That club that puts that show on,has alot to learn about helping handicap folks.
T parts were scarce. And frankly parts for other projects were scarce.It is a street rodder and muscle car owners hog heaven though.
Over priced due to cost of spots. Food,don't go hungry. Sheesh food is expensive there.
The sad thing is the show is about 15 miles from here. When they have races, I hear the cars sitting here at the computer.
Years ago I used to go with a vendor and could walk the place for a couple hours,cover his spot while he walked a while and so on. But we had a disagreement and I didn't hang around him for a long time after that but now we are on speaking terms again.
Will I ever go back? I might go to the spring show one time if I get 1 of those handicap rascals working. I now have 1 that a friend used there until his insurance gave him a new 1. I will need to put battery's in and fix the charger see if it needs anything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Not many early parts or cars there at all I was disappointed

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration